Friday, March 03, 2006

Psych

I'm trying to psych myself out into thinking that today is Saturday and that I only have tonight and tmrw to get some serious schoolwork done. I don't think it's worked out so well, though.

After I woke up, I headed to Costco for 2 hours (!!) and still didn't manage to get everything on my list. Dude, what's the point of making a list (of 4 items) when I'm not going to refer to it but end up w/ 5 non-listed items? I got distracted b/c I was so annoyed at how sOOoOoOoOOOoo many people were so rude. I seriously think I spent a total of 30 minutes waiting for people to move their stupid carts out of the way b/c they were so oblivious or just didn't care. Not to mention, nobody ever hears me when I say, "excuse me" (or "bless you"). Somehow, I managed to get outta there alive.


To procrastinate working on my project, I watched "Robots" (which I enjoyed) and avoided watching "Saw 2" by falling into a food coma-induced nap (I HATE horror flicks!). Woke up and watched, "I shouldn't be alive."
It's like I can't get any schoolwork before 9PM. Seriously. So, after 9PM, I sat down to intermittently summarize the research article. Between internet surfing and bullet-pointing, this is how my night's going:
  • Wait, I need to give myself a manicure. Oh, how convenient! "CSI" is on!
  • Oh, look at the cutie-pie turtle. Dang, I can't believe his tank is still so clean. Turtle's Dad sure knows how to clean a mofo inside-out.
  • Should I dig through my closet for the book that I just sold on half.com and for the crappy walkman so I can listen to my classmate's lecture tape? Well, the neighbors downstairs might have a cow if I open my closet. No, I'm not kidding. They actually complained about the rumbling from the closet door.
  • How funny that on "E" last night, Bart Simpson was deemed the #1 cutest kid all grown up. I can't believe they had scary Macauley Culkin. He gives me the heebie-jeebies.
  • I need to get Hello Kitty's whiskers fixed.
  • ANTM is my absolute favorite show. I hope next quarter's schedule doesn't conflict w/ the new cycle that begins next Wednesday.
  • Dang, I need to apply for scholarships again. I wonder if they'd notice if I used the same essay. Probably. I'm still laughing b/c I won 3 scholarships...that totaled a whopping $500. This quarter's textbooks alone cost about $400.
  • I really should be working on my project. Oh, what do you know? About 40% of the article are bar graphs. Woo-hoo!
  • Why are my profs inconsistent re: commas after "i.e." and "e.g."?
  • This article should be interesting since MSD prof told us that the effectiveness of oral motor exercises is controversial, and this article studied.
  • Great, I forgot what the bulbar does. CNS? I'm thinking motor pathways.
  • Great, I forgot what a parametric study is, too. Should I blingo it?? Nah, not important.
  • I think I want a snack. I'll check on the turtle while I'm up.
Okay, I really have to just end this post or else I'm going to keep coming back to describe my ADD bouts.

No comments: