Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I hate shopping

I just hate shopping for clothes and gifts. I know what I want, but I have the typical female-shopper complaints:
  1. I can't find it (or anything else I really need/want)
  2. it's way out of my broke-@$$ student-budget
  3. I don't fit (proportionately) in the mofo
  4. Things out there are just plain fugly (or my sense of style is just really out-dated)
For the first time in who knows when, I went to the mall, thinking I could finally exchange some things I've meant to take care of for a while. I found absolutely nothing at BR Petite and Women. :( I could have picked up a pound of See's candies b/c I have 2 gift certificates, but then I remembered I have the ginormous 52 oz. bag of peanut M&Ms (or Eminems) at home. So I kept wandering around and ended up at Nordstrom's MAC counter.

That was the best part of my shopping experience b/c I got a free tube of MAC lipstick, (Frost) "O," thx to my homie TK. BTW, what an interesting name for the color, huh? Yes. But re: TK, she doesn't use MAC lipstick, but I do! I <3 MAC lipstick! I got a free tube, thx to the "recycling" program that MAC does (bring in 6 empty tubes of mascara, lipstick, lip gloss, etc., and get a free tube of lipstick. TK gave me 6 to trade in!). The girl at the counter w/ a bling-bling watch helped me choose a color. :)

Afterwards, I stopped by the market and then strolled across the street to Marie Callendar's. BF gave me his ATM card and said, go wild! JK He said, "get whatever pie you want. This is my way of saying, 'good job for getting good grades.'" :) Since they didn't have Boston Cream Pie, I got Kahlua Cream Cheese pie. Yummers! Here's to good grades!

(See? Work really was compromising my grades. I finally pulled straight A's (well, one A-, but that was in Dr. M's class!!!), after a year's worth of steadily-declining grades... ;)

No comments: