Friday, March 03, 2006

4 random thoughts

Our neighbor is so sweet! She baked us delicious chocolate chip cookies! Yummers!

Today, my BSP cancelled tx. I finally remembered to bring Lysol disinfectant and antibacterial gel, and he flakes! But it's all to the G. I was so excited that I told my clinic partner to give me a high-5. Then I got to thinking, why the heck have I been going around high-fiving people?

B/c that's what I've been doing to reinforce BSP!!!

Gross story: my classmates told me last week how they were observing our session and were so grossed out b/c BSP had been scratching down there -- not from the outside of his pants. I usually pretend not to notice b/c I don't want to draw any more attention b/c I know there are always students his parents observing me. So, he gave a correct response, and I said, "nice [BSP], HIGH-5!!" and of course the kid high-5d me...w/ the hand that he scratched with!!! Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho, tonight I'm just wasting time, enjoying a night off. A friend and I were IMing and he got me thinking about all these random things from the past:

1) I was thinking, hey! Somebody called me a "super star" before! Then it hit me. When bro lived on Hughes, they had a neighbor kid w/ autism or something. One day, I visited while wearing my crazy silver jacket, and he scootered up to me and said, "hi! You're a super star! Hi! You're a super star!" For some reason, I swear up and down that he was making fun of me b/c of my crazy "super star"-ish jacket.

Then my mean friend (jokingly) told me I shoulda pimp-slapped the kid and said, "dam+n right I'm a super star; I'm rich, 6!tch" which got me thinking about the next random thought which was...

2) "@$$ 'n' t!tt!es" by DJ Assault. That has got to be the craziest song I have in my odd musical collection. It's gotta be rated like XXX, but I get such a kick out of it, every time I hear it. My favorite lyrical line is, "I could buy you, h()e, cuz 6!tch, I'm rich." I love it, too, b/c it makes me think about the days that Dr. Cousin and I'd be chillaxing, and we'd crack each other up by rapping this song to each other.

So then I was IMing about how it's an awesome song to bump b/c it's got insane bass. My crazy friend retorted, the best thing to bump is Mexican music....

3) That made me think about my all-time favorite pseudo-Mexican (but not really) song from waaay back in the days. One-hit wonder Delinquent Habit's, "Tres Delinquentes." No clue why I liked that song. Man, I must have been one un-cool HS kid.

4) My very cool NSSLHA cheerleader/newsletter editor loves the e-mail blasts I send out every 2-3 weeks to like 150+ COMD students, and she especially gets a kick out of the postings I do for NSSLHA. I told her, there's no way that I could do even a quarter of an awesome job that she does w/ the newsletter...and it made me think about how I was on the newspaper staff in HS and thought I was totally cool and smart by association, since all the smart kids got chosen to be on Titan Shield! (Which reminds me, I should E-mail Ms. Civil Engineer Ph.D.)

Seriously, I was so uncool in HS. Lord knows what I am now. Old. I guess. I'm still in denial that I'm not part of the 18-25 survey group any more.

No comments: