Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Post-Spa Day!

Spa Day w/ BGF was awesome! Well, company-wise. I mean, just my BGF as company. Not the multitude of women w/ Costco-size cottage cheese and hirsute men as company.

BGF & I started the day off w/ brunch at Denny's in Corona. She strategically chose a booth away from the door, in case anybody wanted to shoot-up the Denny's off of the 15 S in BFE. We made it just in time for our 1 P.M. massage appointments ("just in time" b/c I ate slow, not intentionally of course).

I had a dude "massage therapist" for my "Stress Reliever plus 30 Minutes of Back of Body Swedish Massage." Next time, I'm definitely requesting a woman MT. I asked the MT, whatever pressure you think you should apply, can you please up it up half a notch? Either homeboy was weak, or he was just scared like all other MTs that haven't given me a massage w/ the right amount of pressure. The tx was still okay and enjoyable...except that the dude burped (w/ his mouth closed) while he was massaging my head. He also sneezed at one point and stopped to rub his nose 4 times. Gross! Yes, I get easily distracted. And yes, the older I get, the more of a germaphobe I become.

BGF and I had a great time spa-hopping b/t the:
  • Jacuzzis ~ but we didn't do too much of that since "we could do that anywhere." =P
  • Sea salt bath ~ that was cool, except there were weird things floating around, according to BGF. The 2nd time we dipped in, there was a dead fly. Yuck.
  • Mineral bath ~ AKA "stinky water bath" according to my classmate. This was psychologically invigorating. I'm glad BGF and I got our own two-person bath to share. We did not feel like being in the big communal one at all!
  • Floating pool ~ they provided "floaties," those styrofoam bed mattress things for the 1.5 foot deep pool. I just sat there and froze while BGF tried a floatie. She drifted farther and farther away from me and after 2 minutes, she decided she was getting sea-sick and got off. LOL
  • Mud clay bath ~ the most adventurous part of our experience. We had no clue WTH we were s'posed to do, even though there were directions etched into a stone. We waded into lukewarm muddy water (just looked like dirty, cloudy brown water) and then BGF walked up to the mound of brown clay, got a huge wad, and slapped that cold stuff right on my back! I guess it did my skin some good. :) Crazy girl wanted to take a pix of us, but forgot her camera.
  • Roman bath ~ we almost missed this one. It was inside, at the end of the hall of showers. This was called a Roman bath b/c of the architecture inside ~ lotsa pillars and stuff. Other than that, it was a bath w/ lots and lots of steam. And large women.
  • Steam room~ We thought this would be good to open our pores up. In there, BGF said, "omg, see? I told you I've gained so much weight. I have a bigger pooch than you! You have no pooch!" Lemme tell you something. BGF could never look bigger than me. She actually weighs more than me FOR ONCE, but she still looks 5-10 pounds skinnier than me. I said, "goo'row, the only reason why u think I don't have a pooch is b/c I'm sucking it in!" (as BF would be the first to confess for me.)
We left around 5 and headed to the Olive Garden around Ontario Mills. We each had a martini; I had a Cosmopolitan w/ Grey Goose* and BGF had a Washington Red Apple. Oh, yes, we also had a yummy dinner, too. I love Olive Garden! :)

*Why haven't I ever thought about asking the bartender to use Grey Goose? Especially when I hate Stoli's. That was BGF's idea, but that was b/c of an incident from a few weeks ago. One night, her sis-in-law went over and they were taking shot after shot of Grey Goose. The next day, she IM'd me in a pleasant stupor, wondering why she didn't have the usual hangover. I said, "it's prolly b/c u had "good" alcohol. What kind did u have?" "Grey Goose." "Well, there you go....and why in the world would you take shots of Grey Goose??" Actually, I don't think I really asked her the latter part, but I definitely wondered it. But since then, she now swears by "good alcohol." If only we knew that back in college, we coulda avoided many...never mind.

As if the party-throwers would be handing out any single-barrel or top shelf stuff, anyways.

It was a very great day, many, many thx to my Best Girlfriend. She is the best!

No comments: