Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Final Exam Eve

Today (technically yesterday) was the last day of lecture for the Winter quarter. It didn't really hit me until Charity K looked up and said, "omg! We made it!" Of course, that was in reference to making it thru Crazy Prof's class. We had just finished the evaluation for her. A little anticlimactic (as LA would have probably deemed it). After all the complaints from students who have or had her, we couldn't even coherently scribe all the comments we had on the back of the dinky sheet. Dude, some classmates actually typed it up over the weekend and stapled it to the sheet. That's gotta be a first!

I thought it was hilarious that a bunch of us were doing our best to disguise our handwriting, too. She's had us do these stupid case studies all quarter "in handwriting" "in pencil only" "last name first at the top corner" so you best believe I wasn't about to let her sabotage my grade after she reads my comments in
my handwriting in pencil. Actually, I thought I was pretty fair w/ my comments, trying to give constructive criticism. That is, except for my last comment ~ "I felt like I learned only a week's worth of material this whole quarter." Which is no joke. Crying shame, really.

I tried to get a bunch of classmates in on a conspiracy, too; I suggested that we should all mark the circle that said she did NOT instruct this class without racial bias and discrimination. In a sense, we did feel discriminated against, though. She discriminated against us b/c she thought we were retarded (using the term very loosely ;), and that we did not know how to "synthesize." This was my ploy to get her outta here so that we don't have her in the Fall again. The classmates that were "in" on it, thought it was a great idea, but I'm sure they chickened out.


Of course for part of the final, we have 3 more case studies to complete. I think I even commented on that.


Well, I'm not going to think about that class until Wednesday night, when I cram for the final. I've been trying to study for articulation & phonology, but considering I keep surfing the net and am currently blogging, I should just call it a night and get some rest.

No comments: