Saturday, September 23, 2006

Separate Days

What a long, adventurous and fun day it was! We spent the entire morning making stops with Gramma, Dad, and Genius Cousins’ Mom. On the car ride to lunch, I sat with my Dad. I’m not very inclined to drive with Dad b/c it’s nerve-wracking. He is the type of slow, lackadaisical driver that I can’t stand. As his passenger, I am constantly telling him to speed up because his slow driving is hazardous to other drivers. As we cruised along the street, he zipped past my bro (who was driving my Elsa) at one point. I almost commented to my dad, “Aren’t you driving fast!” Instead, he beat me to the punch ~ “Did you notice how fast I’m driving now?”

“Yes, I was just gonna comment.”
“Yeah, I drive really fast now.”
”Oh?”
“Yeah. [Chuckle] I got pulled over the other day for driving too slow!”
“WHAT! You lie! Are you serious, Dad?”
“Yes I’m serious.”
“See Dad! I told you! And you never believed me! I always told you that you could get a ticket for driving too slow!!...Are you serious?”
“Yes, I’m serious.”
“Let me see the ticket then.”
”Well, I didn’t get a ticket. I got a warning.”
“What happened?”

So my dad was on the freeway driving slow as usual. He claims he was driving 45 mph. The cop said he was driving 40 mph. 40!! My dad made up a story about his transmission being shot and he was literally about to exit at the next one so the cop let him go.

I’m still laughing about this! My dad never believes anything that my bro and I tell him. Man he cracks me up.

The rest of the afternoon was spent at Dentist Aunty’s, and then bro and I stopped by the mall to get Susan’s b-day gift. My bro ended up getting me a Cuisinart Santoku. :D The Macy’s lady told us that instead of getting a $57 Henckel’s Santoku, we should try the Cuisinart; many customers have gone back to Macy’s to buy ‘em to give as gifts b/c they perform just as well ~ if not better than Henckel’s. Crazy! So my bro got me one when we stopped by Bed, Bath & Beyond. Hooray! I need a good set of knives. BF used both of our kitchen knives 2 years ago to cut some tubes and pipes for our turtle’s aquarium set-up. He has only sharpened one of them once. I can’t stand cutting meats with either of the knives b/c they don’t cut!

Afterwards, we headed to Susie’s to celebrate her birthday. We had fried zucchini (my compliments; I've had a hankering for them since last, last Easter) and fancy delicious pizza. (I can't believe I've had pizza 3 nights this week. I am soOOOoo having a fat, cholesterol night.) There, LynnieLovePoem asked, where’s BF? BF was having his own adventurous day.

Before he left, he took the turtle out to play for 5 minutes or so. When he put her back in the tank, he noticed that she had knocked off the filter tip. As he affixed it, the little green machine creeped up on him and nipped the back of his hand! =O The turtle gave the BF a love-bite! Awww. =)

BF spent most of his day at another video shoot for/with Roscoe. This time, he brought back a little souvenir for me. Yeah! An “I love Roscoe” tank top. Hahaha! =) I am soOOoO gonna wear it when he comes over next time. BF also got yet another t-shirt…not in XXL this time, but XXXL. Gees! If I had a camera, I’d post a pix of the wifebeater next to the T-shirt. BF designed both of the shirt (fronts).

I’m still waiting for him to design a turtle piece for me. :D

No comments: