Saturday, September 30, 2006

$1.35

On Saturday, we slept in. Actually, I woke up quite a few times. A part of it was subconscious stress about school (or is it conscious since I’m acknowledging that it’s due to school?). The other part was just b/c I never sleep through the night without waking up at least twice. We had a delicious breakfast at home.

Soon after, we got ready to head back out to the Strip. This night, BF’s parents bought us good tickets to watch Cirque du Soleil’s Ka at MGM Grand. While BF's Mom was picking up tickets, I resumed my question for the perfect post card at the gift shop near the hotel concierge. Again, really ugly post cards (or post cards of MGM Grand).

We wandered around for a little bit until the doors opened up and we could be seated. The show was pretty spectacular. I was extremely impressed with the music and the acoustics of the theatre. The show itself was a little short (1.5 hours with no intermission) and the story-line was a little shaky, but the performance was marvelous. It's difficult to describe the amazing performances we saw. One part reminded me of a human "Plinko" game (like Plinko from "Price is Right"). My favorite parts included the beach scene (there was a "crab" which consisted of 2 people flipping around...and there was a "sea turtle"!!). Another scene that left me awestruck was when the girl gracefully twirled batons. (It also made me laugh to think that nowhere else would baton-twirling skills be such a hit except in an eccentric performance like Cirque du Soleil.)

I felt kind of guilty because I didn't think the show was as great as I thought it would be. If I had to choose between watching the Blue Man Group and Ka again, I'd definitely go for Blue Man Group. I felt extremely guilty when BF's Mom read on our faces that we enjoyed the Blue Man Group more (especially b/c Ka tickets were more expensive). I was still very grateful that we got to go. I'm a cheeseball -- I love watching Cirque du Soleil productions!

After the show, we walked back through MGM Grand where I found another gift store. I ran into the store just to realize it was the same gift shop that I had hit before the show (talk about STML!). We quickly taxi'd over to Gold Coast.

Actually, it wasn't quick enough. It was a long 15 minute drive with a comedian moonlighting as a cabbie (or vice-versa). He was pretty much practicing his comedic routine on us. I wasn't too impressed because he joked how LA's the "land of fruits and nuts" like we're all granola/tree-huggers. On second thought, maybe it was a double entendre...Hm. If that's the case, then hey, that is kinda funny. =P (I know I'm a nut.) I also didn't find him very humorous b/c he cracked a lot of political jokes...which is like a foreign language to me. I am the last person to know what is going on with who in D.C.

We met with BF's parents and then wandered back to Red Rock. I wasn't feeling so great so instead of Rubio's (what I really wanted), BF got me Panda Express (he thought that rice would make me feel better). I was all confused b/c he only got one-entree so why was I getting 2 entrees? He answered," Because you're special" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. :) That and b/c I am apparently a piggy! Of course I only ate half of my meal (b/c I eat so slow).

As a last ditch effort, I asked BF's mom if there were any more gift shops at Red Rock. I had checked one of the gift shops out but it was like a bougie boutique gift shop that sold huge (ugly) "Western" post cards for $3. Unfortunately, BF's Mom didn't know of any other. :(

We set forth on our gambling run. Only this time, I did a 180 on my gambling mentality. You see, according to BF and BF's Mom, you never win when you gamble to make money. You gotta just play to have fun. So throughout the night, that was my attitude. I'm just gonna have fun. I played a little bit and then found a machine that I thought would be fun to play.

Normally I hate aliens. Can't stand them. I even got freaked out the first time I watched "Men in Black." But man, the Men in Black penny slot machine was showing love! I sat down and put in $20 + BSILF's lucky dollar. With BF as my witness, the first dollar played was for BSILF. Although BSILF gave me instructions to play 25 cent slots/bets, I was at a penny slot so I bet 20 cent bets. Well, the first and second 20 cents hit nothing. :( Third 20 cent hit 35 cents. Woo-hoo! Fourth 20 cent hit got the bonus!!! With the conservative bet, the bonus raked in a whopping $1.00. So, BSILF won $1.35!!! :D Big money! ;)

I actually won $40 on that machine before we left. Dude, it pays to just play for fun!

We got home not too late and I finished up the rest of my meal while BF's Mom ate a delicious Rubio's burrito. =P It was a sad moment packing up my belongings for the Sunday flight home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY me! Or should I saw, "Yay YOU!" We won, we won! Hip, hip hooray! So let's split it!! :) I am rich, rich, rich, stinking, filthy, rich!!!

Thanks for playing my lucky dollar and thanks for trying to hook Gram up. You did a lot of running around on her behalf and it is much appreciated!! :)

Yay-we are gambling winners! And congrats on the forty g's! :)