Sunday, September 17, 2006

LA Wine Festival

My break is coming to an an end, and I'm not so much in denial since BF's been counting the days down for me. I've also began assuming my NSSLHA Secretary role once more so that helps me get into school-mode, too (e.g., spending an hour composing short, corny mass e-mails). I originally intended to bum around for the remaining days, but bro decided that I must join him and friends today for a little wine tasting.

So Bro, FBIL, Lynnielovepoem, & I went to the L.A. Wine Festival. It was proclaimed to be the biggest wine festival to ever hit L.A. ~ featuring 500 wines! I was already toasty after 4 samples (within the first 10 minutes at 1 table). Faded by the 7th. So we hit the chocolate fountain that bro and I had been eyeing for forever and then sat outside.

Oh, the funny thing is that this event was held at the Vanguard. This is how long I've been out of the scene ~ I didn't even know Giant is there now! Hey, I LOVED the mirrorballs though. I have no clue why I'm obsessed with mirrorballs.

Anywho, so we hit the heavenly fountain, got yummy strawberries and cheese, bought delicious sushi and desserts, and sat outside where it was heatstroke weather. I was feeling peachy and sober, but when it was time to go back inside, I felt a heatstroke/ETOH-induced faint coming on. I excused myself to use the lady's room, but I had to sit down before I made it there. Lucky for me, FBIL was trailing me b/c he was gonna hold my wine glass. He ended up having to hold me. Well, let me lean on him until it passed.

I'm such a party pooper. :( I ended up recalling the major times in my life when I completely fainted. Thank God I never incurred any TBIs. Just humiliation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude - I am so going to the LA Wine Festival next year!

Chanel said...

You should! Although I think I'll go just for the chocolate fountain...