Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Unexpected/Premature Separation Anxiety

I lifted some major weights (by my own standards) and ran a mile this morning and since then, I've been exhausted and starvin'! Not only that, but I kinda felt bummed. I thought exercising was s'posed to get those endorphins going, giving me that natural high and all.

Well, I guess sad news is a bummer. My little kiddo didn't make it to clinic on Monday b/c of legal stuff. I got a VM this AM from Mom saying he won't make it today b/c of more legal stuff...and for the rest of the quarter (or ever). Turns out they have to relocate by Sunday.

Heh: I make it sound like they're in the FBI Witness Program or something. =P Yes, my kiddo is actually Michael Jackson's 6th child. J/K On the subject of MJ, I saw an OLD clip of Triumph @ the MJ trial. Great stuff~




Anywho, so I guess that's why I'm feeling bummed; I am pretty down and out about not getting to make more progress with him nor say good-bye. (IMHO) he was making good progress...until all the legal mumbo-jumbo began. Then he just clammed up. :( I just hope and pray for the best for the kid and Mom.

On the other hand, my adult client wants me to be her clinician next quarter, which is flattering (and I'd like to be), but I don't think that'll happen. We typically get new clients each quarter so that we get a variety of experiences.

Like NYGF said, this point in the quarter is good and bad. The good news is that the quarter is almost over. The bad news is that we're anxious to know which clients we'll have next quarter. The GREAT news is that Crazy Prof is not teaching us this Fall! (I totally called the Conspiracy Theory a few months ago!). The bad news is that finals are coming up.

Phooey. Not rad at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video is totally rad! I was LMAO!

I am sorry about your kiddo client. Just know that you did make a difference in his life. As well as his mom's. You may not get to see the results of your hard work, but they will be evident to others and one day to him too.

Just one more week left!