Sunday, August 06, 2006

Get Mortified (.com)

In another attempt to bite K3's blog "games," I decided to get on the Mortified bandwagon, too (and allow the world to see how ridiculously retarded and hormone-charged I was in HS).

In pathetic preparation, I had to pull out my yearbooks to figure out which year I was a Sophomore (I never remember what year I graduated from HS). When I cracked open my yearbook, the first note I saw began with, "Cheryl, L.D.C. is very cute, yes it is true." I stopped there. Why in the world did I have a celebrity-crush on junkie Leonardo DiCaprio? Barf.

Preface 1: I chose a completely random entry. Opened my diary and looked down. I had to do it this way; otherwise, I'd keep passing up the ones where I'm uber-retarded. Who am I kidding? Like there are any where I'm not?! They're all retarded and boy-crazed (isn't that what the HS years are about?).

Preface 2: it took me a while to type this up b/c my Sanrio diary was too new skool to have a lock on it so I "encrypted" it by writing in patterns and 2 code-names.

Digression/sub-story to Preface 2: Which reminds me -- I have a HS friend that can crack my diary codes b/c she and I used to pass notes in between classes (how HS is that!), and we'd write in patterns lest our notes got into the wrong hands (pu-hahaha!). Then again, everyone knew I had a crush on "L.D.C."

Alright, time to get mortified.

July 25, 1996:

Yup, yup. There's no need to mention the obvious. Things ended, yet things are beginning. I talk to PC on the phone occasionally. [Bro] thinks that MC likes me, MC thinks ML likes me, I think PC's intersted but won't pursue, DH's getting jealous, and I think 13 likes 37 but won't admit it. Twice in one week, MP's surprised me. On 7/21, JT's day, I went to the mall with him to buy her gift. We bought a pix of a boy kissing a girl with a jealous girl (JT) on the other side. First he said it was him and D., a few times...then once he said it was him & I, but we both quickly rejected that. He let me drive his car back...I don't think he's ever let anyone else. He trusts me and thinks I'm a good driver. 2nd time of suprise was yesterday, when we were talking about how I saw ML looking at me twice, yesterday. He then said something like, "so if I were to like you, he'd kick my [@$$]..." Hmm. He & PC paged me good nite and once PC paged sweet dreams while MP does that more often. So sweet. JK said DH looked pissed when ML was flirting with me, and yesterday PC told me that whenever I talk to him (which is rather often), DH gives him a look like he better back off. Imagine that. A little jealous? He hadn't paged me for so long until tonight, when it was "nite-dorkhead." Jealousy got the better of him. But MP is so very sweet. He's so funny! PC's friend is cute. J., I think his name was. I catch him looking at me. Cute, cute. MP left for K___, today. 18 days. I miss his company already. I wanna marry someone like him: so sweet, considerate, patient, caring, kind, and protecting. But, I miss the hugs from DH. It's also awkward cuz that day at Tony's, MP reached his hand out and touched my left cheek. Then I think it was at JT's house that he touched both of my cheeks at the same time. C'mon, what's going on? MP is like 2 DHs. Pretty impressive. Keep up the good work. But I'm confused. About MP. ML told me I was cute and "all that" and nice. Y'know he could never have me. He knows it, too. I'd be so heartbroken if MP were ever to come crying to me about anything. He just seems like such a strong person. Which is good. RL's still so cute. So childish cute. He's so much more decent. So likeable. Oh, well. Welp, at least I know 100% what I want...

I'd be absolutely mortified if any of the people that I mentioned,
especially the XBF (AKA "DH"), hit me up. I guess that's all part of the game. Unfortunately, I had to use initials to preserve people's privacy (um, mainly my own?). So I half-cheated. Well, it's not like I'm reading my entry over a mic in front of an audience. That'd be a different story. (The chance that any of my crushes or XBFs show up in the audience are one in a zillion.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - that rocks! I especially love how (like mine!) it is all one big, fat paragraph! My favorite lines are, "He let me drive his car back...I don't think he's ever let anyone else. He trusts me and thinks I'm a good driver." Very high school! Your entry is the bomb!

My secret fear after "getting mortified" is I will read my blog in 10 years and feel the same way about it then, as I do about my HS diary now!

Anonymous said...

*sigh*

i admit it...i'm a secret mei-ah blog reader...it's like studying beforehand...

:)

love, guh

Chanel said...

=O

OoOOo, secret blog reader! I hope other secret blog readers of mine come "out of the closet" and start commenting, too.

Even if it's about how lame I am...