Tuesday, August 29, 2006

C & K: Weekly Mortified Tuesday Column

Tentative news: Mortified Mondays is in the works so stay tuned for more free plugs! (More updates to come after Cool Creator and K3 exchange ideas.)

June 5, 1993

So many thing have happened since the last time I wrote. Mom left for Taiwan cuz Ama died on 25th. Then Dad went 2 China on the 3rd. On the 1st, I went to Universal Studios, and we didn't have school on Mon. Then we had the Swim Party yesterday and it was soo fun.

JW asked me out again, yesterday, but I shrugged and so Jacqueline took over and so she helped me end the whole deal.

CL got me Dizzy Devil at Universal, but he's only my "best buddy." People thing we're going out but nope, not quite. Gotta baby-sit them lil cuzins tmrw. Chow.
For the first time since Mortified Tuesday began, I bring to you a short entry (half the space) AND in indented paragraphs! Wow. I guess that's what a 13 y/o without hormones has space to do. This entry is particularly funny b/c I can't believe that I was already depending on friends to bail me out of those situations. Thanks Jac!

  • Side-story: the way I met Jac was total "mean girls" on my part. At the end of 7th grade, my best friend and I were clowning around. I hardly new Jac but I went up to her and asked her to open up my soda for me. She did not know that I had shook it moments before.
  • She opened it, and it sprayed all over her white Banana Republic t-shirt. I can't believe I was such a meanie! It's not like I was a bully picking on a nerd. Jac's a sweetheart. Seriously, I still have no clue what I was smoking to think that that'd be funny. She had to throw that BR shirt away (hey, spending on a BR shirt back in those days was a big thing).
  • Thankfully, when 8th grade began, she had already forgiven me (enough to bail me out of uncomfortable guy situations). She's one of the 2 people I still KIT w/ from HS.
Re: Swim Party, I don't remember much of it except that I lost my expensive Seiko watch there. It was a gift from my aunt from my Mom's side. :( My bro and I had matching watches. Haha!

Lastly, CL was my best buddy, until we graduated JH and he went off to nerd HS (Polytechnic). So I guess that made us best buddies for a few months. Ha, I was nerdy by association. Yeah! And how teenager is it for a guy to win a stuffed animal at an amusement park for a girl? Funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post and commentary! I will vouch for your character today, you are no longer a mean girl! :)