Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday nights

I love going to the gym on a Friday evening...but at the same time, I feel like a loser!

Normally, the 24-Hour Fitness in Santa Monica is jam-packed from 6 - 8 P.M., but on Friday nights, the gym is only 1/5 full. It's great b/c I hate crowds...especially sweaty crowds. On the other hand, I can't help but feel like a loser. All the hip people aren't at the gym on a Friday evening; they're either at happy hours or at home prepping for a night out.

Unless the people at the gym are like how I was as a young 21 y/o. I'd work a full day, hit the gym to prepare for a night out, and finally hit the clubs (sometimes until the early morn). My buddies used to laugh at me b/c while we waited for the whole crew to show up, I'd be lifting light dumbells in my homie's room. WTH was I smoking?

Man, ever since my 21st year of life ended, my body's aged exponentially. These days, I work out to lower my cholesterol...rather than prepare to go out. I definitely can't stay up late any more, either. I think I only made it to "last call" once this year. What a shame.

-:¦:- -:¦:- -:¦:- -:¦:- -:¦:- -:¦:- -:¦:- -:¦:-

BF told me something crazy that I said/did last night before I completely crashed. Preface: he swears that I ask him questions about the turtle everyday. BF can usually tell when I'm about to ask a question about our turtle b/c I call his name a certain way. Sometimes, he jumps the gun and says, "yes, what about the turtle?" I guess I was really bombarding him with crazy turtle questions last night before I crashed.

So last night, when I called his name and he asked, "yes? What about the turtle?" Apparently, I said, "Oh, [BF], I love the turtle...." SNORE (less than 2 minutes later).

I totally don't remember that!

Well, I do love our turtle. Does the turtle know how much I love her?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes - she completely knows she is loved!

I think you need to make a blog post all about these countless questions you ask BF. I am curious as to the many different questions you come up with that you have at least one per day! :)