Tuesday, August 15, 2006

C & K: Get Mortified Tuesday

This morning, I woke up with the lovely thought of how I don't have school today. I also remembered that today is Tuesday. That is Get Mortified Tuesday. But then I totally spaced on it until I got a lovely reminder from K3 to get crackin' with the post! :)

I have to say, I've been getting a lot of flashbacks since I went back to Gramma's and picked up my diary and sifted through HS yearbooks. I received a very heart-felt e-mail from my Lil Sis a few days ago, which reminded me of all the long, late-night talks we used to have...that made it into my diary. (This is to prove that not ALL my entries are about boysboysboys.)

Today's entry is not exactly 100% random. However, I don't think I'm breaking Rule #1 b/c 1) I haven't read it yet and 2) decided on foregoing it b/c of any content. It's the first entry in this diary that I wrote 2 lines in 1 wide-ruled line so man, I must've had lotsa good stuff to write about so let's see how this plays out (this is the pre-pattern writing phase):

February 2, 1994:

Lotsa things have happened. First there was an earthquake on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Ama wasn't home at that time cuz she was still in Taiwan w/ A.J. until January 23. Then there was the Winter Formal conflict w/ KFC so we decided to not go and all that junk. Anywho, I cut my hair today. I cut about 2.5 inches or something. Actually, Ben cut it right here in the condo. I'm pretty happy about it because it's not too short and it's not too long. I dunno if I still like KFC, after all I didn't want to go to the Winter Formal with KFC. I get my braces off in 2 to 3 months -- so long! I take Word Processing now. Oh, & on my math finals, I got #7 outta the whole 2 algebra classes! Stupid Howard was #6. We've had many aftershocks. I've aced my Math and Spanish finals so I'm happy. If I get an A in T.S. and an A in English, that means I would've gotten straight A's. Oooh, I hope so. RL likes me and IK wants me to get together --haha, only in his dreams. I don't mean to be rude but I don't want him to be anything more than a friend. I can't believe Irvin discouraging me to stop liking KFC and start liking RL. I am most definately not gonna stop liking KFC for RL. Irvin was like, "Well, I think he's your type." How the H-e-double hockey sticks does he know what types of guys I like? I like the guys who go under "unclassified." RL is definately not under that column. I don't intend to get together w/ anyone at this pint of my life. Sure, I'll like someone, but definately not get together with him.

Boy, HS diaries are great in reminding me of silly crushes and HS drama. To be quite honest, I can't imagine anybody having a crush on me when I think about how I used to look (pre-eyebrow-plucking/waxing days). And the hideous braces! Ugh! 5 years I had those h-e-double-hockey sticks-ish things! Thank goodness I'm not a celebrity who gets her HS pictures publicized on People magazine and VH1. BTW, I didn't learn how to spell "definitely" correctly until prolly a few years ago. That's why I was the Spelling Bee runner-up in 5th grade and was quickly dethroned.

Actually, it's a good thing I had those h-e-double-hockey sticks-ish things. On Gramma's 80th birthday, Law School Cousin and I relived the moment that spawned the need for me to get those h-e-double-hockey sticks-ish things. We were heading back from the restaurant to A.J.'s house (Dentist Aunty) and it was like literally driving up memory lane. Law School Cousin pointed out a house where Captain Cousin beat up some kid for messing with Law School Cousin. Then at a stop sign, Law School Cousin re-told my tooth story to First Cousin Once Removed.

One day, we were coming back from church. Captain Cousin was still flossin' the pimpin' Lincoln ride as a 17 y/o. Law School Cousin was on the verge of getting her Driver's Permit. Someone (not me b/c I'm just a follower) had the great idea of us all getting out of the car, popping it in neutral, and pushing it half a block home. Since Captain Cousin was the strongest and the only person who knew how to drive, he deemed Law School Cousin as the driver. Captain Cousin stayed on the driver's side, pushing the car with the door open while Law School Cousin steered. Ben/bro, Dr. Cousin, and I were behind the car pushing.

We're laughing giddily, having a grand ol' time on a lovely Sunday afternoon in San Marino. As a law-abiding citizen, Law School Cousin sees the Stop sign on the corner of Virginia and Monterey. The thing is, she's never driven a car so she doesn't know to ease onto the brakes. Instead, she STOMPS on the brakes. Me, laughing giddily with my mouth wide open while pushing from the rear...completely EATS it. Full-on. In an instance, my front tooth is chipped and crooked. I can't remember if at that point 10 y/o cry-baby me starts crying.

It all happened so fast...so fast forwarding...

It's not like I fainted (like I typically did in elementary school...which is another story), but all I remember after that is I was sitting shotgun, looking in the mirror of the visor, seeing a small stream of blood around my crooked, chipped tooth...and a fireman telling me, "You'll be alright." Apparently, a firetruck saw 5 kids pushing a car home and thought we might need help. Captain Cousin explained (fibbed) that we had ran out of gas and that we lived literally 5 houses down the block.

I don't remember how we ended up getting into Pastor Aunty's driveway, but I do remember someone saying, "Thank God the firemen didn't look at the gas level."

Law School Cousin still feels guilty about this, but she shouldn't. She's contributed to me having straight teeth. Thanks, Law School Cousin! Besides, it makes for a totally rad story. :D

So, as evidenced in my diary-writing, I still go on many tangents. =P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Several points to make:
1. I didn't realize you were a juvinele deliquent!
2. Your diary is still mainly about boys boys boys! :)
3. It cracks me up that we both in our nerdiness write about our grades in our diaries, and the aiming for A's. Actually, in our nerdiness we STILL write about our grades in our "diaries" aka blogs
4. I have several entries about the upcoming removal of my braces! I can't even believe what a dork I was with those things on - no wonder "Martin" didn't like me
5. H-E-double hockey sticks - cracking me up, C!
6. I love how the firemen came to your rescue! Too bad you were only 10 - you were possibly (?) too young to notice their hotness!
7. "I am most definately not gonna stop liking KFC for RL." I am always talking about "stopping liking someone too" - as if you can just be like, "yeah, I am officially done with this person b/c I want to be."
8. I just learned how to spell definitely too!

Chanel said...

BSILF-

Yeah, I like how I (still) contradict myself. First, I said I'm not all about boys boys & boys yet my entry is about that. Second, "I dunno if I still like KFC...[but] I am most definately not gonna stop liking KFC for RL."

I am DEFINITELY lame!