Saturday, February 18, 2006

Update on Mental Performance Status

Boy did I deceive myself. I thought I was on top of school, feeling smart and stuff the past 2 weeks, but I totally got rocked by the motor speech disorders exam. My memory's just too limited to memorize all the material for all of Dr. M's classes. Actually, my memory's just limited period. I used to blame it on lack of sleep, but I've come to just accept that it's me.

I.e., yesterday, my co-worker was telling me about her husband's crazy son from 1st marriage. The kid's 12 y/o and has serious problems, like he pulled a shank on his dad the day the first night he stayed with them a few months ago. The mom's changed her phone number so that the kid can't get in touch w/ her b/c he straight bit her all the way up her arm. She doesn't want anything to do w/ her own son. So, of course I'm sitting there asking if he has some type of disorder...and I couldn't recall Oppositional Deviant Disorder or Conduct Disorder. Instead, I was thinking the kid had like Emotional & Behavioral Disorder, but that didn't sound quite right. At least I'm remembering in time for Monday's midterm.

But she sure gave me a shock. She stopped ghetto-raising up at one point and darted her gorgeous green eyes to the left and right, and then said quietly, "y'know what that kid needs? Just gimme 20 minutes w/ him; I don't care if the cameras rollin and the windows are open -- just gimme 20 minutes w/ him b/c what that kid needs is some serious black-on-black crime to set him straight!"

To add onto the shock factor, sweet ol' T$'s sitting to my right, nodding her head in agreement and saying, "m-hm. You wouldn't understand; it's a Black thing."

Dude, I think my jaw straight dropped to the floor when I heard that black-on-black crime line! One thing's for sure, you ain't never wanna mess w/ Tam and T$, for reals! So glad those ladies are my homies...

Uh, back to the school lamentations. The good news is that I recovered fast enough to rock my Articulation & Phonology exam. Now I'm just procrastinating studying for Monday's Language Disorders class for "crazy woman" as BF has deemed the crazy prof. She got mad at us again, for "wasting time" in class asking questions about topics that we are supposed to know already.

Not only am I counting down the days I have left for work, I'm also counting down the days that I have left for that class.

No comments: