Thursday, February 23, 2006

Last Day of Work

Yippee! I finally did it!
Although I'm still in denial. Do I really not have work any more? =O

I had a really good last day. I can't remember how my last day at L&P was, but I'm sure it wasn't as pleasant as today. I went down to 6 for one last breakfast w/ T$ and then we sat around the candy bowl one last time to hear crazy Tam's antics one last time (for me, at least). I am totally going to miss crazy Tam's stories and her putting people into their place. Again, I'm so glad I'm Black by association. Haha!

I also saw MOB and CH. That was an interesting experience to say the least. They basically wanted to know why they should put somebody else at this desk to help (c). In other words, wth does (c) do that's so dang busy anyways that requires an additional 30 hrs of work. I laughed inside wondering, do they know that I really like (c)? So I got her back. I tried my best to state a case for (c). Honestly, though, (c) was already busy when MP wasn't OMP. I'm truly amazed at the loyalty her attys have with her, too. They turned down bigger offices (totally a sign of seniority) just to stay w/ (c) or to stay close to her. I heard in the olden days, seniority and presitige was based on how many windows you had in your office!! Rumor has it that one atty had 6 windows! How crazy! Now, it's about whether you have a "corner" office, a "partner's" office, or a "bigger" office.

After that, I went on an Sbux break w/ VA, T$, and TT. I felt so bad b/c I decided to splurge on my fave drink (grande soy white chocolate mocha w/ whip cream) b4 I knew T$ was paying for me! I went back up for my exit interview, which really wasn't an exit interview, but moreso a chat w/ sweetie HR lady. We just went down a checklist of things (Did you return all technological equipment borrowed? Did you pay your personal charges? Did you turn in your keycard?)

After that, it was just chatting and ending business. I still didn't get to say good-bye to everyone that I wanted to, but I did manage a few. TT and T$ walked me down and Roll-Call security guard was still downstairs so I broke the news to him. The crazy guy's jaw dropped and so I told him to snap out of it! He said, "I watched you grow! You can't leave now!"

I thought that was real cute...it's an ongoing joke that we had. Every morning I went in, I wore my adidas, but at breaks, I'd come out in my "big girl shoes" -- my 3 or 4 inch heels, so Vince always teased, "Cheryl! What happened? You grew!" So, that was cute.

Next, he had me ROFL. He said, "what are you going to do now? No, wait, you told me. You're going to become a -- a vegetarian!"
A vegetarian???
"No, Vince, a speech-language pathologist."
"A what? A speech-language mythologist?"

Ok, now I know he's messin' w/ me at this point b/c he told me in the past that he saw an SLP for his lisp.
:)

No comments: