Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't think I've ever been asked so many times for Valentine's Day re: what my plans are. Thank God I have a very loving BF, or else I'd feel like such a loser. (I knew BF was good for something!)

jk x 2!

Seriously, though, half of my classmates asked me what my plans are, and it made me think about what a sweetheart I have. My BF has always treated Valentine's Day as if it's my birthday. Come to think of it, Valentine's Day has traditionally been the day that I get the trademarked blue box with white ribbon. Sometimes even two of them. =O This Valentine's Day was probably the most low-key since we've been together, mainly b/c I got home after 8:30, I got a real dazzler for Christmas, and we're on a tight budget.... b/c I FINALLY gave my resignation letter!!!!

The funny thing is that we were gonna go to Houston's yesterday -- my Valentine's Day plans for us -- and he was going to cook for us today. When I told my bro that we were gonna go out yesterday, we had a pretty funny conversation.

B: ooO, you know what they say about that...
Me: About what?
B: About going out the day before Valentine's Day.
Me: What do you mean?
B: I heard on the radio, the other day, that that means YOU are 'the other'!

I laughed b/c I said, "actually, I was going to bring HIM out to dinner..." to which my bro laughed/said, "OMG, HE is 'the other'?!"

Well, not really. 'The other(s)' that I spent part of Valentine's Day with were my 16 female colleagues. I came home and although BF didn't cook, he tried to order from one of my fave Italian joints, C&O Trattoria, but they were incredibly busy. They had to put him on a wait-list to even order for take-out! So, we had Thai food. I thought that was as exciting as my night would get, until he surprised me w/ an ice-cream cake! :D

Wow, nothing beats an ice-cream cake from 31 Flavas. :)

If I could crack open a bottle of wine tonight, I would just to celebrate quitting work, having a *good* school day, and it being Valentine's Day. But, it's back to studying Articulation & Phonology...

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: