Friday, February 10, 2006

Mental Performance Status

I think this Ginseng stuff has really worked for me this past week. Besides messing up in yesterday’s snot session, I had a pretty good week at school. Either it’s the ginseng, gingko, or I just somehow got a smidget smarter. Whatever it is, keep it coming!

I also established a serious bartering system w/ my herbal PP classmate. In exchange for Motor Speech notes, she gave me a delicious assortment of chocolate covered nuts from Trader Ho’s (which I’m bringing to share w/ Gramma Pearl tmrw, since she loves them, too), and she gave me some multi-vitamins w/ an extra kick of NRG. I hope that NRG is a legal relative of tweak or something b/c I need sumfn to keep me up.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

One thing that I’ve noticed about myself, but never thought twice about “fixing,” is that I talk/whisper a heckuva lot to myself. When I’m at work, I say a few words under my breath. When I’m reading papers, I read a few words aloud. Shoot, even during exams, I whisper a word or two to myself! Too bad for AL, she can never really hear what I’m saying, though. ;) Nonetheless, it’s a really bad habit, especially during exams.

Last night, BF was trying to sleep while I worked on my journal article summary (stimulable phonemes will generalize and nonstimulable phonemes will not generalize so in therapy, it is better to treat nonstimulable phonemes). Same thing happened as usual – I reasoned aloud with myself. He, of course, felt obligated to bring it up to my attention. “Y’know, you talk a lot to yourself.”

=O

Ok, it’s not surprising news. I mean this whole blog is me monologuing right? That’s right, Cheryl. For some reason, I feel like it helps me focus, since I demonstrate the early symptoms of ADD. But, I think I’m going to try to work on not talking to myself. I’ll just add that onto my “things to do after I quit work” list. =P

No comments: