Sunday, February 26, 2006

First weekend unemployed

Although I'd love to say I went out partying to celebrate, I definitely can't say I did. However, I did have a date with Hal, Corwin, and Nyquil.

I've been fighting bronchitis (again) so most of yesterday was spent asleep. My supervisor thinks I got sick from BSP, since he's always sneezing, blowing snot, and touching me (how's that for parallel structure!). The past 2 sessions, he's been a little frisky, too. Both times, he put his hand on my back, but the second he started sliding his hand down, I stopped cold, "whoa there pal!" Just b/c u have a problem w/ pragmatics doesn't mean u can get away with everything, kid!

I have to admit that I crack myself up in the sessions. I.e. I'm teaching the kid "boy put on pants." Since the observers can't see the pictures I use to teach him, I included the picture to the side.

I gotta get my kicks in those 50 minute sessions, somehow!

Then again, my classmate asked me, "um, is he putting his pants on or taking them off??"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Back to yesterday. I seriously think I was asleep more than awake! The times that I was awake, I worked on Hal, our big artic/phon speech sample project (Hal has got some messed up speech, the poor kid!), and then I just couldn't stop myself from watching the Discovery Channel. I seriously watched about 4 hours worth! First a special about influenza, next about ebola, then "The Deadliest Catch," and finally "Corwin's Adventures." I feel so nerdy! I don't think I've watched that much TV since junior high.

Is this what it's like to be unemployed but in school f/t? No, probably not. That's probably what it's like to be unemployed, sick, and in school f/t.

No comments: