Saturday, December 30, 2006

After Christmas Ketchup

Another Ketchup...
Day after Christmas

My bro dropped me off at LAX around 8:15AM. I was nervous b/c it was my second flight alone. Ever. First one was to visit Doctor Cousin in Michigan and that was an ordeal b/c when I landed, I had no way of contacting her (this was pre-cell phone days) and the airport was 3 hours away from where she lived. It was a nervewracking time for me.

This time, I couldn't check in at the kiosk (which is what I know how to do). I walked around in circles and finally got in line to check in at the counter. All the while, my bro waited in his car outside! Poor bro must have thought about how helpless I can be. I boarded with no problems, had a turbulent flight, but safely arrived in Vegas. Thankfully, I remember what BF and I did last time when we landed so I wasn't as lost. I even wandered into little gift shops before I hopped into a taxi. I got to Mandalay Bay early so I wandered some more...all the way to Shark Reef's gift shop. Eventually, I met them at Raffles Cafe and had a delicious brunch. Thereafter, we gambled until...7 PM! I have never gambled so long before! We kept hitting on Gettin' Lucky, and eventually walked away about $80-100 up. We had dinner at Red Rock's Food Court (delicious pizza) and that was about it.

December 27

Shopping day at Primm Outlets! Christmas gifts from BF included two Benetton suits, brown Ann Taylor slacks, and a BR shirt -- all work-oriented (boo! No fun!) but I could always use more of that since I'm a grown-up and all. ;) I also got my bro's birthday gift. :) We shopped for a few hours and then headed to Red Rock again. I played Bingo w/ FMIL, but didn't win for the first time. I still had tons of fun, though. Bingo's all high-tech and fancy in Vegas!

The first time I ever played Bingo, I was 10 y/o on a Carribean cruise w/ my Dad, Bro, Step-Mom, God-Father, and Ama. My bro and I played Bingo while the adults were elsewhere. To win, you had to get four corners. I had three corners and just needed 73. They called 72, which I also had, right above my 73. I leaned over to my bro and said, "Oh man, Guh, look, I needed 73, but they called 72." Then the caller called out, "73!" I whispered, "Guh, I got Bingo." Bro said, "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm sure." Twelve year-old Bro yelled out as loud as he could from the back of the large auditorium, "Bingo!!!" The adults around us had to chime in so the announcer could hear. I remember when they came to pay us, they didn't know what to do. Were they allowed to pay us? Well, they paid us $150 in cash. Sweet.

The second time I played Bingo was when we were at Big Bear Lake for my bro's b-day. It was hilarious b/c we were playing at like the Elk's Lodge or something. I think I won like $75. Not too shabby.

December 28

BF and I went bowling with FILs. Since they've retired, they've really gotten into bowling. I had no idea how serious BF was about finding a hobby that we could both partake in and enjoy, but bowling it is! We had so much fun and got some serious tips from FILs and FFIL's League Buddy. That night, I got my buffet fix at Red Rock. I had no idea FSIL was into buffets, too!

December 29

We got our own bowling balls and bowling shoes! FFIL picked out my shoes. "Hey Cheryl. Look, they made a shoe after you. Dexter Cheryls." I couldn't pass 'em up. I mean, they made a shoe after me! BF and I picked out bowling balls. Mine is black and red and smells like black cherry. I almost got a Hello Kitty ball, but the store didn't have any. FSIL drove us back to L.A. and dropped us off at FBM, where we went bowling and got our first free lesson. Later, he dropped us off at home.

Everyone should have a turtle and everyone should go bowling. :)

No comments: