Friday, December 22, 2006

Quick Ketchup

Break has been soOooOOoo nice. I've somehow managed to let a few days fly by me! A recap of this week's events...

Tuesday
I spent the day with Ama and Daddy. The day started off w/ Daddy and I having Taiwanese breakfast. I requested it b/c I haven't had it in at least 2 years, even though it is my favorite breakfasts! We had Yung Ho (soybean milk) and I felt like such a kid again...pouring about 1/4 a cup of sugar into my soybean milk. I felt so guilty I slipped a Splenda in at the end. Bro and FBIL tease that I always carry an "emergency supply of Splenda" wherever I go. I just happened to have a packet in my purse. Don't know how that got there. For reals.

Afterwards, we went to get my bro's gift and then we picked Ama up from Dentist Aunty's and went to the mall. Dad keeps telling me to buy my own Christmas gift and he will reimburse me for it. I keep telling him that he doesn't have to get me anything and that I don't like shopping! He keeps insisting so I finally said I would like a bottle of my fave parfum. Dad has already gotten it, but he is acting as if it is not a Christmas gift; he still wants me to get a gift. LOL We had dim sum afterwards and then dropped Ama off. All in all, I had a very fun and entertaining time with Dad and Ama.

Wednesday
I Christmas shopped a teeny bit. I can shop for others when I already know what I am getting them, but left to come up with gift ideas? I am pretty bad at it. On Monday, BSILF asked me for a gift idea, and I got quiet and had a pensive look and then said, I honestly do not know. What I was thinking during my pensive look was, "Why am I pretending to think of gift ideas? I am clearly a failure at this." How terrible. I wasn't even trying to think of gift ideas. I was thinking of what I was thinking! Sorry, BSILF, now you know the truth!

So Wednesday was not difficult. I got my dad a microwave (prompted by Tuesday's events and stories), and I got BF's dad a nice set of golf balls. Normally, I like to linger around stores, but when I walked into that sporting store, I got seriously claustrophobic, especially where the golf balls were. I had to hurry down the stairs (and envisioned myself tripping and eating it big-time). Made it out with no panic attacks. Cool beans.


Thursday
Today was spent with the BF. He finished yet another website after a total of 9 hours of sleep within 3 days. I dropped him off at a new client meeting and then Christmas shopped a little more. I picked up a gift for BF's sister and then dilly-dallied until it was time to pick him up. Later, I went on one of bro and FBIL's infamous fast beach walks. Fast as in it is extremely fast-paced. Every so often, I had to jog a few steps ahead to keep up with them! We walked from Venice to Santa Monica in 1 hr and 20 minutes. I figure that had to be at least 4 miles b/c I normally don't walk that fast on the treadmill and I walk 4.2 mph at the gym. That was fun as usual. Lots of interesting sites and good talks. Unfortunately, no celebrity sitings this time.

Now, I am waiting to drop BF off at his sister's so they can head to Vegas! :) I'm going to miss the BF. At least I have the turtle to keep my company.

No comments: