Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas Ketchup

This last week of the year whizzed by so fast! Unfortunately, I neglected to blog so here goes my infamous Ketchup Summary.

Christmas Eve Eve
Ama was sick this year (supposedly my fault) so Bro and I picked her up from Dentist Aunty's and we went straight home, meaning we missed a mini family gathering at Lake Arrowhead. :( Bro and I decorated some more, worked out, bought more decorations, and decorated some more. :) It was our first time decorating outside and man, it was hard!

Christmas Eve
Bro and I stopped by our neighbors before our family arrived. It was my first time stepping inside their house and I was blown away, not just by their regular decor, but also their Christmas decorations. I have NEVER seen a department store Christmas tree inside a home. Their tree touched their roof and was garnished with ornaments the size of "PeeWee Handballs" (well, that's what we called them in elementary school). They even had the huge, fat ribbons. We went back to Ama's and admired our dinky tree that I decorated this year (Bro decorated the rest of the house). By then, everyone had arrived: Genius Family, Medical Family, Army Family, and my family. This year, Pastor Aunty and Attorney Cousin flew over to Doctor Cousin's. We had a fabulously huge Chinese-American meal...from "Chinese burritos" to chili. Afterwards, gifts were opened and the family eventually took off.

This year, Bro and I gave our cousins, aunts, and uncles pairs of movie tickets. The Army Family received a Black Angus GC. Bro and I gave Ama a purse and Pastor Aunty's Family flowers. I gave Dad a microwave (he really needs one) and Guh a Coffee Bean GC and his watch *in thought*. FBIL got a Dutch oven. BF and I gave his dad golf balls, his mom parfum, and an Xbox 360 game to his sis. I received many wonderful gifts: my favorite parfum and some clothes from Dad, a nice purse from Guh, an ice-cream maker(!) from FBIL, much needed clothes from BF, a fun knitted scarf from Bro's neighbor, iTunes and Sbux GC from Army Cousin Family, a new cell phone from BF's family, and a C-note from Ama. I think I'm forgetting a few gifts given and received. Hm.

Christmas Day
We left Ama's and dropped her off at Dentist Aunty's and then went to FBIL's Christmas Dinner. That was a lot of fun and just as delicious. I didn't get to see FBIL's nieces, but I did get to hear the story of how the younger one discovered how Santa and the Easter Bunny weren't real. We got home kind of late and I quickly caught up with my Lil Sis (who is an occasional secret blog reader) before packing for Vegas.

I miss my Lil Sis. I sometimes get to catch up with her on the holidays, but not this time. At least we spoke, though. :) She was laughing about my Mortified entries; she probably knows who each person is, except that I encrypted it with initials and code names. Ha!

No comments: