Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

I am almost caught up to date...Last ketchup!

New Year's Eve
BF and I headed to FBM's and went bowling with FBM and BBN. I got my second bowling lesson from FBM, but I still kept jacking up the hitch-hiker/hand-shake/suit-case release. Still, I had fun. I even got to help BBN bowl. That consisted of walking him up to the line, handing him the ball, and letting him drop it until it got to the pins.

Afterwards, we headed back to FBM's house and hung out with his family. Another couple arrived with their two doggies, and we hung out until Countdown. LBN was awake for his first New Year's countdown. :) BBN stayed up a little later and sat with me outside by the fire pit for quite sometime. He was actually really clingy b/c he was afraid of the small doggies, even though he didn't want to admit it. We chatted a bit. The funny thing is that our conversation reminded me of BF and my typical conversations.
BBN: What you talking about?
Me: What are YOU talking about?
BBN: I'm talking about what you talking about.
Me: What am I talking about?
BBN: You're crazy!
Me: No, you're crazy!
BBN: NO, you're crazy!
That kid cracked me up all day and night. The most adorable thing is that he couldn't remember anyone's name except BF's. BF was soOOooOO happy about that. I ain't hatin'; I'm really happy for BF, too. :) Afterall, what BBN calls BF isn't the shortest/easiest name.

After BBN went to bed and we ran out of fire wood, we hung out a bit more inside. Two more friends stopped by. When day broke and we decided all the drunks were finally back home asleep (or in jail?), BF and I headed back to the Westside to go bowling.

Just kidding!

We went home to sleep and sleep we did. All in all, it was a nice, mellow welcoming of the New Year.

Best wishes for the new year to all of my loved ones!

No comments: