Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Monday funzies

Today, BSILF came over to the westside and joined me for a MG lunch at the Cheesecake Factory in Marina Del Rey! I had a lovely date with her out on the patio, overlooking the marina and boats. :) I, of course, enjoyed both the company and the food. It was especially nice to just chat, instead of exchanging Q&A about school topics.

After our lunch, we tried to walk along what I thought was the Jetty, but I forgot that we were not at Charthouse. I thought I could get away with one "wrong direction" move, but then we went to the Westside Pavilion... We strolled the whole mall -- and didn't get suckered in by any kiosk salespeople. Yay us! My biggest discovery was walking into the Build-A-Bear Workshop and seeing that I could build my own Hello Kitty! =O I couldn't get over that fact! If I have a girl, that is the first animal she is building! When we left, we couldn't find her car (as if we were in Disneyland) and then I gave her the wrong directions to exit the building. I still don't know how I lost my sense of direction. It was right when I moved back to L.A. There's gotta be something in the water.

Afterwards, we came back to my place and BSILF finally met BF! I think they hit it off nicely (phew!). I gave her the dime tour of our little cozy place and told her many stories from how we moved into this place (giant ants on steroids with wings in old apartment) to why my computer armoire is not really a computer armoire. Ha! Unfortunately, I chatted her ears off until it was prime traffic time. :( So what happened?

She stayed later! :) Haha! (Sorry, BSILF, but for selfish reasons, I was quite happy.). BF coerced her into watching 1.5 episodes of "Dexter" (IMO, very interesting show with a morbid sense of humor), and then BBILF came by and BF & I got to meet him finally! The 2 boys talked shop while we talked our own shop talk...like the VitaMix! Dude, I think I may need one. It makes soup, ice-cream, and smoothies. Enough said.

We missed going to dinner with them since BF is extremely busy and I am sick (Ama called me last night to tell me that I need to stay home and rest). It just donned on me that perhaps I do only have a cold and not bronchitis!! Yeah! I just hope I don't get anybody sick. BF started Lysoling everything and says I need to Lysol everything I touch b/c he cannot afford to get sick.

Lastly, Lil F met her God Parents, Aunty K & Uncle M. She was pretty well-behaved for the most part. Unfortunately, she splooshed a drop or 2 on Uncle M when he met her.

BILsF left with a small gift and a candied caramel apple. I didn't mean to make it sound like the apple is a reject b/c it really isn't! This year, I only made two apples with Snickers: one for FBIL and one for BF. Little did I know that BF doesn't really like them (I thought he did since I've shared one with him in the past). I was quite disappointed when he didn't want it, but he said, "You should give it to [BSILF]." "Hm, that is a great idea!" Good thing she can eat Snickers. :) I would have made one for myself, but we ran out of snickers. However, both of the Snickers apples were the hugest of the batch -- a layer of caramel, a layer of milk chocolate, white chocolate drizzles, and then the Snickers! The other apples only got milk chocolate drizzle (rather than a full layer). That's what's so fun about making your own apples -- you can make them as huge and decadent as you want! :) Pity D. Fewl gave me an idea for the next time around -- Cheesecake caramel apple! MmMmMm!

This is one of the best school breaks I've had, mostly b/c I've gotten to hang out with my wonerful classmates and especially with BSILF!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude - First of all, I am completely comfortable and confident enough in your love for me to happily accept the rejected apple! I actually like that BF thought of me as the runner up winner and that you concurred! :)

Do not apologize for the late visit. I had the best time and am coming back again! :)

I agree this is the best vacation for me too!!!

And vita-mix 5000, for real, see, it is awesome!!

Feel better and I hope BF gets all his work d-o-n-e!

Anonymous said...

Oh and also M is on the verge of agreeing to get a pet after meeting cutie Lil F! I can't remember if you said something, I dreamed it or he said it, but I think he mentioned getting a turtle at some point last night!!!!! Oh boy-oh boy!!!!

Chanel said...

OMG! Do it, do it, do it! :D