Friday, December 15, 2006

Good Friday

Today was a very nice Friday. :)

This AM, Rat B picked me up to meet Bruce Lee's Cousin (a.k.a. Dim Sum) and BSILF at the Santa Monica Pier for a romantic walk along the beach. Along the way, the 3 girls saw John Travolta shooting a movie scene! Unfortunately, I walked past it all and didn't see John. Figures; my brother always teases that I NEVER see anything. Whenever he tells me to look, I look too late! I guess it doesn't just happen when I'm around him. It happens when I'm with everyone. Phooey.

We walked all the way down to Venice (or close to) and then U-turned and "dropped off" BSILF around Ocean and Main, so she could head to her school placement for a visit. We 3 continued back to the SM Pier and got a nice cup of java from Coffee Bean. Strange that the Coffee Bean at the Pier only serves drinks in one size. We hung outside for about an hour just chatting and people-watching. I broke it up b/c I had to get a move on my commute to Ama's.

Before I left for Ama's, I stopped by home. Turns out tmrw is BF's second cousins once removed birthday party so he asked me to run out to get gifts for the two girls. I was on the road by 2:30, just in time for the beginning of traffic. Since traffic had already begun, I figured any stops I made wouldn't matter. So, my first stop was the book mart for my hospital placement manual. Nope, it wasn't printed yet. I took a detour to get onto campus (main entrance was closed) and stopped by the Health Center for TB clearance. Nope, closed at 12:15 (odd time). Went over to the bookstore to pick up next quarter's textbook. Closed at noon. What a waste of time! Adding insult to injury, I couldn't get off campus b/c of that detour...so I ended up going the back way and getting back onto the freeway at Hellman.

After another half hour of traffic, I called Ama to let her know that I would stop by the gym by Dad's to work out. I was literally falling asleep at the wheel from 1.5 hours of traffic. I worked out for about an hour and would have stopped by Dad's but he was napping. As I left the gym, I had to U-turn to get back onto the freeway. It was as if a light was shining down from Heaven onto the corner facility.

So instead of U-turning, I made a pit stop at Discount Tires and finally got Elsa's tires rotated! To top it off, the manager was so nice and honest. He has convinced me to become a regular patron. :D

I finally got to gramma's about 4.5 hours later. Now, I'm just relaxing and trying to not feel miserable with bronchitis or allergies. I think it's both b/c I am sneezing and my eyes are irritated. I have bronchitis symptoms. It's about time, though. I typically get bronchitis around Winter every year. :( At least I am not yet breathing like Darth Vader.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't skim this time! traffic sucks and i would have started crying if what happened to you at school happened to me! you're a trooper. i'm sad i missed the romantic beach walk!

Chanel said...

We missed you! Hopefully, we'll have another romantic beach walk -- and see more celebrities (or at least read about them on Perez Hilton). Ha! :)