Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hump Day

Vacation is still coming along nicely, except I think I am getting sick! :( I am currently drinking Airborne. I hope it works.

I am proud to say I was a teeny bit more productive today. I finally recycled (third attempt in 3 days), then I did a little Christmas shopping for others, as in I went to the Century City Mall and got a Coach GC for my bro for his assistant and got a bottle of Chanel No. 5 for BF's Mom from us. Dad asked me to shop for my first cousin once removed, but I couldn't find anything. I tried to shop for myself, too (gift from Dad), but I couldn't find anything either. I am just terrible at shopping when I am given no direction.

Afterwards, I went to my bro's to finish up the apples. This year, we used Nestle milk chocolate and caramel swirl morsels for the extra layer just for kicks. When we finally finished the layer, drizzles, and toppings, Masta Knitta Pity D. Fewl picked me up to go to the gym. Yeah! It was a pretty weak start for me, but at least I got there and at least my nano didn't die on me. I can't stand working out without music. I have literally left the gym when the battery ran out. My "First Day" back is usually really pathetic, so I doubt I'll be sore or anything. I'll probably "practice" working out over the weekend when I go to gramma's, so that the next time PDF and I work-out, I can better match her endurance.

I finished up wrapping all the apples all by myself. :) I felt like such a big girl b/c I always need my bro around to help me! However, he attended a Toys for Tots event tonight so I didn't see him for the rest of the day. I think that's neat that every year, he goes to this event regardless of what company he is with.

I just got back from dropping off two apples at my baking neighbor's. She invited me in and I was in awe of her place. We always peek through her windows b/c it is beyond model-home-esque. Everything is perfect. She gave me a tour and we chatted for a while about what flowers to plant (i.e., azaleas, geraniums, and snapdragons). I've wanted to ask her for some time since her flowers live all year long when she is barely home, whereas I am home all the time and my flowers just don't live. Dude, she had an azalea plant that has lived for 20 years and a Thai lemon tree for 14 years! Crazy!

She was so sweet. She said my apples looked better than Neiman Marcus and Williams-Sonoma's. LOL She knows her candied apples, though (I won't go into details).

Well, I'm off to bed. Gmail has taken a dump on me for the first time and I think I'm getting sick so I might as well call it a night. I've got a big day of cleaning ahead!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! i'm pretty damn sore! the night before we went to the gym i worked out my upper body and my armpits and arms are muy muy hurting me today.

now, i need to know what your acronym for me stands for!

have a great week(end?) with grandmama!

Anonymous said...

woops! i'm retarded. i have learned too hard to skim through reading materials. uh-duh!

Chanel said...

LOL
I, too, have gotten to be a masta at skimming. It's a bad habit that's positively reinforced, though! Thx for the work-out!