Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The case of the Mondays

How nice was it to hang out with classmates and have nothing school-related (except gossip) looming? So mofo'n nice!!

Yesterday, I ran a few errands and arrived late at Momma Normita's just down the street. Everyone was already there: BSILF, Rat B, Yoymega, NB, Pity D. Fewl, & Kangaroo. I finally learned how to knit! :) BSILF and PDF (hm, what a nerdy acronym for my cool friend!) taught me how and I did about ten stitches and two rows. That was very sweet of them to be patient with retarded me. BSILF also taught me a poem to help me remember:
In through the front door,
Once around the back,
Peek through the window
Off jumps Jack.
Of course I cheated just now to recall the poem; I had to look it up. Dude, I could barely remember yesterday! Anywho, the ADD kicked in and I just vegged out, played with CJ, and chatted until it was time for me to meet my bro.

I met up with my bro and his friend V for Yoga. It was my second experience and I am pretty convinced Yoga is not for me. First off, it was 90 minutes. I can barely work-out for 90 minutes! Second, it was hard! I am pretty flexible, but I do not balance well on one foot with my chest parallel to the ground w/ one leg and the opposite arm stretched out as far as possible. The thing that cracked me up this time (as opposed to my first experience) was how the instructor made me think of my neuro teacher. She said things like, "breathe in and let your heart touch your scapula...exhale until your intercostals are relaxed." I'm like, dude, who talks like that unless you are a doctor or have a background in neuroanatomy? I had flashbacks of my neuro classes. I can't remember what other neuro terms she used. Too bad she didn't give me a review session on aphasia and brain injuries to prep me for my hospital interview.

After that, we stopped by Pinkberry for some trendy fro-yo. I got a "fun" one -- plain yogurt with Cocoa Pebbles, yogurt chips, and granola. :)

In recap, I feel like I was such a stereotypical Los Angelean woman -- didn't work, met up with gal-pals, went to Yoga, and had frozen yogurt to end the day. What a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such the LA Woman! That is awesome!!!

Okay, if yoga is supposed to be relaxing, she should not be allowed to mention intercostals and scapulas and such! Too much like school! :)

Glad you had a fun day and I am glad you got to knit finally! Come over anytime to knit with me!