Monday, August 20, 2007

The "We Made It!" Party

Dude, I cannot say this enough -- summer vacation rules!

Yesterday, my bro brought FBIL and I down to the Del Mar Race Track to see some horsies and have a nice Sunday lunch. We ate at the Veranda Cafe...but it was pretty wild up in there. Apparently, "The highlight of the race season is the 17th running of the $1 million Pacific Classic. This Grade 1 race features the nation's top horses competing for a $1 million purse." I kept hearing talk about a million dollars, but unfortunately, we walked away with nothing but a nice, refreshing lunch. Oh! And an awesome giveaway! We all got a fleece pullover! We said hello to some of my brother's friends (former co-workers) and then made our way back to L.A. (with a brief stop at Ikea for some frames for my bro's rabbit posters. :)

When we got back, we went to Downtown Culver City for some Coldstone Creamery (coffee with Twix. So goooOOoOooood!) Afterwards, we chillaxed a bit back at their apartment and then headed to 3rd Street to watch "Transformers," since FBIL hadn't seen it yet.

BF asked if watching "Transformers" again was just as good as the first time. I still enjoyed it, of course, but when the crowd is not as lively or reactive, it kinda kills the energy. My mind even wandered a little bit during the movie...but the main thoughts were, "summer vacation rules! What an exciting day I had!" Dude, I even got home at 1 A.M. and slept at 3! It is awesome to not be a student any more. :D

This morning, I went to school to get my TB results (negative -- phew!) and complete my Livescan for Calif. licensure. I was a bit perturbed at how long everything took (I get so cranky when it is 100 degrees or more.) What can I say -- I had an important party to attend!

CHK hosted the "We Made It!" party at her lovely home. Their home is truly fabulous -- complete with gorgeous gardens, 2 wonderful doggies, and a beautiful mini-grand piano! Of course the best part was the company (and the decadent lunch). We had a wonderfully relaxing afternoon just chatting and eating. We even played some games!

Which brings me to 2 embarrassments of the day:
  1. We played Taboo and dude, I know I suck, but holy snikeys, I didn't know I sucked that much. I was truly embarrassed. When it was my turn to describe "knot," "won ton," and "scenery," I failed at knot and barely helped my classmate get the last two...while people were getting like 7+ points in the same time. How sad! It's things like these that make BF tease, "You embarrass me!" (Truly, it is not meant in a mean way. At least I think...It's just that he knows me all to well!)
  2. When we were leaving, I asked CHK how much piano lessons run these days. When she said b/t $30-70/hr, I was astounded at how "cheap" lessons are. I said how mine used to be $125 waaaay back in the day. After 5 minutes of unnecessary confusion, I realized that I paid $125/month. Duh!
I have a theory as to why those embarrassing moments happen. I blame it on the heat. For reals, I think my brain gets fried when I am exposed to 90 degrees + heat. It's like my brain cells get burned and I can't think right. Of course this doesn't explain other "duh" moments, but I definitely feel out of my element when my brain has been overheated.

Thank goodness I don't get heat strokes any more. I just get Fried Brain Syndrome. :(

No comments: