Friday, August 17, 2007

Career-after-career

This morning, I got a nice fruit peel facial. During the treatment, I decided that I'd like to be a cosmetologist/aesthetician for my alternative career or career-after-this-career. Dude, mixing fruity goop to put on people's faces, then washing it off, and charging a ridiculous amount? How easy is that?

Well, I guess that could also be said about my first career ("So lemme get this straight -- you just play games with children and get paid a ridiculous amount?" -- "Well, no; I am enhancing their communication abilities through structured interactions for language development.") On the real, this career is much more than that. (I didn't painstakingly make my way through grad school just to describe my call of duty in simple terms.)

Anywho, this afternoon, I went into the HR office to sign my benefits package for my new career. Yay! Free medical, dental, and vision! I am (once again) tempted to elope so I could get BF on my plan ASAP. It's kind of funny, though, that I haven't signed my employment contract yet I am already signing my benefits package. Pretty sweet. :)

No comments: