Friday, August 03, 2007

Feedback

(Waaaay) Back in the days, it was the highlight of the last few days before school to get cool messages from classmates in our yearbooks. In elementary school, the messages were pretty generic, "Have a cool summer!" Junior high got a little more personal and even cooler with the acronyms, "It was fun being in the same math class. See you next year. K.I.T....F.F." High school is when it gets competitive -- how many messages can I get that are: 1) long; 2) personal; 3) positive; 4) not embarrassing?

Sometimes I feel like the grown-ups equivalent of yearbook messages are feedback from buyers or sellers. Just recently, I sold a bunch of stuff on eb@y, and I check my feedback compulsively. The moment I see that I received feedback, I scrutinize the comment. And I lamely get all excited when I get something like, "Highly Recommended! A++!" A++? That's better than any grade I've received since elementary school!

Dude, when did I get so dorky? (That is a rhetorical question.)

ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

Thanks to the new feedback system, you can now view what purchases I've made (and what products I've sold). I told BF the other day, "How embarrassing! What do people see? What bras I bought...and the size." So much for privacy.

No comments: