Friday, August 24, 2007

Birthday Shout Out to BSILF!

Happy Birthday, BSILF!

Over time, I've come to realize that my best friends are the ones that I instantly connect with -- the ones that I feel like I have known for a long time, even if it's only been a month, year, or a blessing of 10 years. Irrespective of time, we have so much to share, laugh, remember, and cry over. Just as sweet is projecting into the future together.

This is only the second birthday that I get to "celebrate" with BSILF, but it feels like we have known each other for years.

33 things about BSILF that I love, know, and appreciate:
  1. She gives great hugs (and firm handshakes).
  2. She makes great (white) chili, brownies, Vita-mix smoothies...everything!
  3. She is the best cheerleader/pep-talker!
  4. She makes awesome scrapbooking albums and cards.
  5. She writes the most thoughtful cards for special occasions and "just because."
  6. She is incredibly smart.
  7. She is so down-to-earth.
  8. She asks the most thought-provoking questions.
  9. She is such a caring woman with a HUGE heart. She is always the first to think of charitable acts. This goes very well with #3.
  10. She is just as Hollywood star-struck as I am.
  11. She prefers e-mail over phone calls (too).
  12. She is an excellent SLP.
  13. She tells her husband "I love you" at the end of every phone call.
  14. She is the most eco-friendly person I know.
  15. She is a very simple, practical, non-superficial woman.
  16. She is Lil F's Aunty.
  17. She loves pizza.
  18. She is the hugest nerd! :D
  19. She is extremely creative.
  20. She will be a wonderful mother (should she have children ;).
  21. If anything happens to me, I have first dibs on being her client.
  22. She always gives great advice -- whether it's for a simple scenario or a complex life-changing situation.
  23. She is so responsible; a natural-born leader.
  24. She wears the funnest watches and socks.
  25. She is young at heart (and she looks really young, too).
  26. She has been happily married for over 10 years, but she and husband are still in their "honeymoon-phase." :) That is true, inspirational love.
  27. She is very adventurous, from non-peanutty foods to travels.
  28. She is always the last to say "bye" at the end of a phone call (even when she says "bye" first, she will say "bye" again after I say "bye").
  29. She is so technologically hip and savvy.
  30. She is the first friend that I am traveling internationally with.
  31. She is unbelievably organized.
  32. She is a great mother to Tanga, baby distant relative of Lil F.
  33. She is a wonderful friend!
I could go on and on, but I want to call her now to wish her a happy birthday!

(34. She knows that when I call, it is a rare moment b/c I hardly ever make nor pick-up calls!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Words fail me....but you know me...i will find some! Wow! Dude, that is truly amazing and so beautiful and makes me feel so completely loved and happy. I cannot believe some of the things you have noticed (e.g., saying good-bye last, do I really do that?), your kind words are taking my breath away and bringing tears to my eyes! I cannot wait for an entire weeks worth of BSILF time! Thank you and I love you!

Chanel said...

Happy birthday! There are so many more wonderful things about you than you realize (and little quirks - ha!). I've missed you the past months, and I'm looking fwd to making up lost time next week! I luv u!