Wednesday, August 22, 2007

2.6 Miles

This morning, BF woke me up at 6 AM again. This time, it was b/c he had woken up around 4 AM due to food poisoning. :( Poor boo-boo. We had some delicious home-brewed Sbux coffee and then we just relaxed a little bit before I called FBIL up to see what the AM haps was.

Shortly after, FBIL picked me up to go hiking in Temescal Canyon. We actually did the reverse full hike of the Full Moon Hike, which is 2.6 miles! We did it in about an hour and five minutes...but I seriously thought I wasn't going to make it. That mofo is intense! It's literally 30-35 minutes of steep incline hiking. I thought I was about to get a heat-stroke so I had to sheepishly ask FBIL to stop for a few seconds so that I could catch my (heaving) breath and quench my parched throat. So much for thinking I was relatively healthy, despite my 50-min cardio sessions (maybe b/c my frequency is too low! In addition to low endurance).

It was still a very nice hike with the cool breeze, warm sunshine, and gorgeous view of L.A. at the peak point. I thought it was especially pleasant that 99% of the hikers we passed greeted us (or responded to our greetings). It stood out to me because when I go for walks around the hood here (and it's not like the Hood), people don't make eye contact and/or ignore my greetings. It's bizarre. (Do I look like a criminal?)

After that, I came home and chillaxed with the BF. By this time, he was convinced he had E. Coli (from something I bought him yesterday -- not something I cooked!) so he made me look up treatment. I was really glad that an antibiotic we have in our cupboards can be taken. Actually, I was so relieved and anxious to give it to him that when I exclaimed, "Do you want some now?" he quipped, "No! I can't take it on an empty stomach! OMG, you're trying to kill me!"

Holy snikeys, talk about Drama King! He's much better now, though (thank God, for reals). I am seriously so nervous about his well-being as we embark halfway across the world next week. All this time, I'm IMing Younger Genius Cousin, who is like, "Wow, you must have a lot of discipline to work at home." That made me wonder, do I really have ADD or am I just too distracted? (Or is that the same thing? Shoot, I guess it could be considered the same thing.)

Thank goodness BF doesn't read my blog. =P

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I think you DO have ADD. I said that "he [bf] must have a lot of discipline to work at home." hahahaha

love you too. :)