Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pumpkin Pie

I am realizing more and more how much people love pumpkin pie. Today was another roller coaster day. Everybody - sans 2T - made me smile, laugh, and feel warm and fuzzy inside...even strangers.

So today, BSILF was such a cherry-saver. I tried to not be such a baby when I e-mailed her this AM about what a funk I've been in since I checked my e-mail. She immediatley insisted that she help me find/make material for today. I really haven't met anyone who was more than eager to help me out, but she not only offered, but insisted and proceeded before I could even respond! I was so touched!

The funny thing is that we are both great at working on something that we don't really need to work on. So, while she made "categories by function" cards for me, I rushed over to Costco to grab a fresh pumpkin pie to surprise her. The lady had only laid down 6 when I got one. Yeah! So I showed up at BSILF's doorstep w/ the pie. I've been waiting to get her and BF one since they both LOVE pumpkin pie. I got one for BF yesterday, too. Luckily, they both like their pies. OoOOoh, I even got a double-haiku from her! I also got a nice mini-therapy session with the added bonus of a pep talk from her, before I rushed to school to meet with 2T.

Today was the first time I really defended myself. I just didn't care any more. As BF always says, "Everyone has a breaking point," and I reached mine this morning.

My sessions with my kiddos were interesting (but I won't divulge in my observations). The Riddler had me busting up all session though. He can be such a brat at times (but not uncontrollable; just a typical goofy 10 y/o kiddo). One of the paragraphs I had him read aloud said:
For Thanksgiving, my whooooole family is getting together. We will have a biiiiiiiiig turkey. I'm going to eat soooooooooooo much.
Before he read it aloud, he said, "I don't really like turkey." I said, 'Fine, let's change it. What do you like?' He thought about it and said, "Pumpkin pie!" He asked me to bust my laptop out again to play Queen so I let him pull my laptop out and set himself up...while I finished writing instructions on his homework. It was the least I could do. I feel guilty giving him hmwk since he already has so much from school and extra classes.

I have to admit that letting him listen to "We are the Champions" is also for my own enjoyment...b/c then he sings along. Today, he discovered that the lyrics are not, "Good times for losing," but "no time for losers." LOL

Lastly, I couldn't believe that I totally forgot that I had a surprise from BSILF in my school mailbox!! I was soOOooo looking fwd to it since she e-mailed me on Sunday, but then I forgot! When I reached in, I was ecstatic!

BSILF and hubby got me a Finding Nemo Squirt Jiggly light-up pen! It is the coolest pen I have ever received! Thank you BSILF!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the pumpkin pie - it seriously is the best I have ever had! And I am so excited you like your "nerdy" pen.

Good for you for standing up for yourself. Only four more meetings! (maybe five, I guess, but it is almost over!) Hang in there!

Chanel said...

I am so glad it is the best pumpkin pie! I am not a pumpkin pie connoisseur, but I'm glad you are! :)

Anonymous said...

you guys both are so sweet!

when I first saw that picture of the pen, i thought it was a martini in a really long glass!

Chanel said...

That is what I really need every Tuesday and Friday!

I also need a professional haircut from you Sandy! Ha! :)