Friday, November 17, 2006

Can-do Tude

For the very first time, I went into clinic with a lot of confidence. I'm not sure why, but I will say that for the first time this quarter, I did NOT have a meeting with 2T. Perhaps my can-do attitude of "I don't care what she thinks any more" was a contributing factor, too. Whatever the reason, I felt really good about today's sessions. For the question,"What are one or two things you learned about yourself?" on both of my session evals, I simply wrote, "I can enjoy my clients while still working hard with them."

Both of my sessions went well (IMHO). Miracle was so motivated today b/c her "reward" was making a real PB & J sandwich. :) She also drew me a picture. On top, it says, "Dear teacher | I wish you can be a mice" (Don't ask b/c I don't know what that means either.) Then below the drawing of me with 3 fingers between two flowers encased in a huge heart with some "Chinese characters" is "I love my teacher." That is so sweet! I told her that next time, I'll get her candy canes. She has supposedly never seen/had a candy cane. I don't know if I believe her, but I already bought a dozen strawberry flavored candy canes tonight.

As for the Riddler, he was floored when he saw my Queen CD. I made him "sign" a contract that said, "I, [the Riddler], will: bring the CD back next Tuesday (or give her $2), talk sing-songy and with lots of expression at home and at school, and bring back my homework on Tuesday. 2T came in and busted up my contract-composition (we were past our 50 minute session), so I forgot to write, "Will say, 'it HAS.'"

(BTW, it was his idea to bring it back next Tuesday and to give me $2 if he doesn't.) Honestly, I really did have a lot of fun with both of my kiddos today and for the first time, I really feel like I have made progress with my kids over the course of this quarter (even though my report will say, "goal not met but significant progress was made"). For the first time, I really feel like I did things my way. It's a good feeling. I am still so proud of my kiddos, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day - yay! Why did she end your session? Is Miracle after the Riddler? Why can't you go over a few minutes?
I am glad you had a good clinic today!

Chanel said...

I think she's ready to book it once it's 5:50. I guess she identifies with us; we don't want to be there at 6 P.M. on a Friday. Plus, she was extra crabby and tired...