Sunday, November 26, 2006

An Inefficient but Fun Day

Rat B thinks that I am the most efficient Rat b/c I am always on my computer...whether I'm at school or at home. So when she e-mailed today and got no (immediate) response, she started panicking and e-mailed, "You haven't been as efficient in terms of responding to emails this weekend..whats up?"

I cracked up about that!

Today, I was AFK from about 2 PM (and I woke up at 12 PM). I went to Costco, and it was a hectic and crowded as usual. I have to admit that I'm the type that will find an empty aisle (i.e., electronic toothbrush aisle or dishware) and ditch my cart there....but at least I don't leave it in the middle of a busy aisle! Now that drives me bonkers.

Anywho, I got most of the stuff on my list and continued to shop for Holidays from the Heart. I walked past a dude that was older but looked kinda young for his age (possbily b/c he was dressed all trendy) and I happened to make eye contact w/ him b/c he was in my line of sight as I looked at products at my eye level.

A few minutes later, I was back in the clothes area, shopping for Holidays from the Heart again when I looked up to cross an "intersection" and he was there and he said, "hello." I rudely ignored him (I tend to rudely ignore people who have no good business saying 'hello' to me, especially in a store) and kept walking past him.

A few minutes later, I saw him again while I was checking out the books section! I was pretty creeped out by then.

I went to the candy aisle and called my brother up and said, "I think there's a guy following me." As I walked down the candy aisle, I looked towards the end of the aisle, where it's one of the 2 HUGE aisles leading to the open area of cashiers, and The Stalker was looking down the candy aisle, but I don't think he saw me b/c I ducked behind a person.

I quickly rushed to check-out and left. Few, no abductions here. I'm safe.

As I pushed my cart to my car, I noticed a cart behind a car, and I thought about BSILF and her husband. I mean, for reals, how annoying is that and how annoyed would I be if that was my car, right?? Anywho, I walked past it -- with the intention of picking it up when I returned my cart. A lady across the way walked her cart off.....and stashed it with the lone one. When it was my turn, there was a man returning his cart...who just walked right past the THREE (duno where the 3rd one came from). Fine, I stashed my cart (the fourth) and by now, the car owners were back so I politely said to the two older ladies, "These carts aren't mine" DUH! Sometimes I say the stupidest things. "But I'm going to move them out of your way."

I must have forgotten how weak I am b/c goodness gracious, 4 stupid carts were soOOooOO heavy!!! I swear I had to like back off, get a running start to gain some momentum, and then push w/ my whole body!!! I duno how those guys really do it. Even when there's two guys.

I pushed it past about 7 cars -- and had to kind of push them out towards the middle a little and then back closer to the cars b/c one car was really sticking out -- when a parking lot cleaner guy saw me and said, "Here, I'll take care of that." "Thanks." I think the couple sitting in their car in the handicapped spot was like laughing at me, too. =P

I'm sure I was a funny sight. That was my work-out for the day.

I rushed back home to meet my bro, and we visited our Genius relatives and had tons of fun. :) Older Genius Cousin got accepted into Harvard Law! The last I heard from him, he was only toying w/ the idea of applying. Next thing I know (like a month or two later?), he's already accepted. He is applying for a joint JD-MBA program so if all goes according to plans, he'll be back in school next Fall. Younger Genius Cousin is also in the midst of finishing up his college applications. I was so thrilled that he IMd me the other night to ask about UCSD; thrilled that I could actually talk to him as if I actually know something. Heehee. :) I told him to go to Revelle b/c that's where all the nerds go. Hahaha! He didn't like that, but he still put Revelle as his #1 choice. Good boy.

Their doggy Cookie is 9 years old and recently showed signs of arthritis in her hind leg. :( I didn't realize how adorable she is. I guess it's because I don't see her enough. She has the nicest, softest fur, too. I secretly think that Genius Uncle must use super expensive doggy shampoo or something. Haha!

All in all, it was a really nice Sunday evening with the Genius Relatives and Cookie. It will be nice to see them again around Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good citizen!

Chanel said...

A melodramatic good citizen... ;)

Mark Reisch said...

Ha I can just picture you shopping with 4 carts! LOL

I always thought it was crazy to see people grocery shopping and they have 2 carts full. That is a lot of food! Man I can't imagine you eating 4 carts full (what's your secret?)