Friday, November 10, 2006

I wish I was in Texas

A month ago, bro asked me to go with him to Texas. I told him I couldn't since school has been utterly and ridiculously insane for me this quarter and I anticipated having to work on lots of assignments. Sadly, bro flew out to Texas on Wednesday morning without me.

Actually, bro flew out there for work, but he wanted me to go with him to visit Mom. Dang! I guess I could have gone since I had no school today! Well, a month ago, I didn't think it was practical nor feasible since I couldn't imagine missing clinic. I also anticipated a busy weekend of projects and assignments. So, I wish I was in Texas, having fun with my bro and Mom.

I can't remember what year we went on Memorial Day weekend to visit Mom. We did a few touristy things with Mom, but it was mostly a vacation for us two, since Mom was quite busy as usual. I just remember we ate a lot, since we didn't know what else to do. Oh yeah, it was ridiculously hot.

I spoke with bro today who said he visited Mom yesterday. I tried to imagine what happened b/c it was such a great story (well, something that my bro and I would/could/did laugh about). Since Mom already had dinner, bro picked her up for dessert.
Mom said, Let's go get ice-cream.
(Interjection: great choice of dessert, Mom, GREAT choice. :)
Mom continued, I know exactly where to go. There's this place with delicious ice-cream. It's soOoOOOOoo good. I'll tell you how to get there.
Bro said, Alright, let's go!
So bro drove while Mom navigated. Finally, they took one last turn.
Mom says, See it? It's right there!
Bro looked and said.........Sonic??
LOL
I thought that was the end of the funny story, but no. Mom said, No, no; it's the place right next door!
I imagine Mom probably laughed at my bro or something. Bro reported back that the ice-cream was good. I didn't get to talk to him long today b/c we've been on bad cell connection all day. The connection on my part was bad b/c I had a horrendous bus day (we tried to talk while I stood on a busy corner of Wilshire Blvd.).
I took the bus to work this morning, with the intention of maximizing schoolwork production. I actually got half of my Dx report done, but it was with great effort. First, I missed TWO buses in the AM. When I got on the 3rd one, the bus driver thought I was an idiot b/c I was jamming my slightly crumpled dollar bill into the slot, so she snatched it and said, "I'll do it. You have to straighten it and then slip it in like this!" Next, she yelled at me for stepping in front of the yellow line. Despite having to transfer, I got to work without any more incidents. Work was work. Once I get into my zone, I just keep going so I ended up staying until 4, which was such a bad idea.

I hate traffic...and I don't like people traffic. (Sometimes, I have a mild bout of claustrophobia.) The Metro 20 came late, but once I got on, I started hammering out more Dx results. At Wilshire/Westwood, the bus driver yells out, "last stop!" I look up to see him looking at me saying again, "last stop!" I'm confused b/c there are 3+ people still seated; why is he singling me out? I guess he knew that I needed to get farther than the Federal Building, since I asked him for a transfer.


Little did I know that there are TWO Metro 20s that have different routes. How retardedly confusing is that? When the "real" 20 came, it was already packed with the 4 o'clockers. I was lucky I got a seat. When we got to my stop, a girl and I booked it b/c we saw the 14 at the light. I almost dropped my presentation papers in the intersection. Come to think of it, I'm surprised they didn't drop, knowing how Murphy's Law hardly gives me a break. I got to the bus on time, but the bus was just chillin' there and not taking passengers. Oh, no wonder there were like 15-20 people just standing there. So the working 14 comes along and it's already packed of course. I pushed and shoved my way to the very back corner and wedged myself in between two dudes. I noticed, though, that they totally scooted away to give me lots of room (did I smell funny or something?). I was in such a funk that I vowed to never take the bus to VR again.

Of course I'm totally thinking of how I can make it work on Monday. As long as I beat the afternoon crowd, it's okay. Today wasn't my first day taking this route, but it was certainly the worst bus trip ever. I seriously thought I was stranded in Westwood. I was too embarrassed to call BF since he insisted I drive, but out of my stubborness, I didn't and told him that I didn't have enough gas.

Well, I sort of didn't. He insists that I have to fill up when I only have 1/4 of a tank left, and I only had 1/4. Truth be told, I usually drive my car until there is literally 5-20 miles left. I mean, 1/4 of a tank with Elsa is almost 100 miles! I went to Costco and filled her up anyways and got her oil changed. Unfortunately, that didn't take away the "Service now!" message that comes on my MFD when I start the engine. Boo. :( Another thing to add onto my Winter Break To-Do List.

No comments: