Saturday, November 18, 2006

The National Anthem

I'm (slowly) working away on my AAC project while BF is slaving away on his work, too. Despite the intense production taking place, we have the Pacquiao -v- Morales match blaring from our screen. (As a former boxer, BF is a big boxing fan). I'm not so much a big fan of potential TBIs and BF potentially getting a voice disorder. I'm not sure which one he's louder at -- Lakers games or Pacquiao matches.

Anywho, the match got my attention when I suddenly heard a male singing the National Anthem. I even took my earphones off (blaring loud Incubus), turned around, and watched the rest of the rendition. It was a Marine singing and wow, his performance floored me.

It made me realize how much I love hearing the National Anthem sang by a talented singer. It also reminded me of the last time I went to the Dodgers game w/ my family and a 12 y/o sang it absolutely beautifully. I think the National Anthem is the #1 song that makes me tear up (or at least gives me chills) when it's sang just perfectly.

I know, it's Thanksgiving this week, not the 4th of July. I don't care; I was listening to Christmas music last month! :)

Back to work...

P.S. Y'know how it is at the end of the quarter ~ the randomest, sappiest, and funkiest thoughts come out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The National Anthem ALWAYS makes me tear up too! Dang - we really are long lost sisters!

Mark Reisch said...

Man I do to. LeAnne Rimes really belts it out good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvQPqfIaHk8

Chanel said...

Wow! Both Mark and his wife tear up? ;)

Thanks for the link Mark! I totally got chills and started tearing up. I think she even made the big football players tear up... :*)

Mark Reisch said...

No prob. I guess I shouldn't have outed my self like that. LOL

Chanel said...

That's ok, I won't tell anyone, especially your wife. The 411 is only on the world wide web... ;)