Saturday, November 25, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving

I pretty much have a six-day long weekend. Yah!
Thanksgiving was a blast. I got to spend it with my Dad and bro and BF! This year was a little different since Pastor Aunty just moved up North, Dentist Aunty just got a vacation house in Lake Arrowhead, and Ama is up North with Pastor Aunty. So, Dad invited us over for a non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

First, BF and I stopped by Future Best Man's house, and then my bro picked me up to go to Dad's for our Thanksgiving dinner. His roomie and my dad cooked a fabulous Chinese dinner with lots of seafood, which I absolutely love (and Dad knows that). We also had a Chinese Turkey.

The first time I ever had a Chinese Turkey was when I was 7 and we lived in Temple City, two blocks away from FBM's current house. I remember the few days before Thanksgiving, my dad had me sit on his lap (as usual) and he explained to me that this year, we would have a Chinese Turkey.
"Dad, what's a Chinese Turkey?"
"You've never had one?"
"No."
"Well, you're in for a surprise!"
When Thanksgiving came, he revealed the Chinese Turkey. It was a roasted duck from Sam Woo. LOL Dad is forever the family prankster, from when he was a little kid, putting frogs in his sisters' shoes...all the way to today.

So, we had a Chinese Turkey this year, too. :) We had a special treat from FBIL; he sent along a casserole dish of his yummy yummy mac & cheese! That was such a nice surprise b/c I told FBM before I left his house that he didn't have to save me a whole plate of food, just save me some of his mac & cheese.

Afterwards, Bro dropped me back off at FBM's where we hung out a bit and then I got a platter of traditional Thanksgiving food: turkey, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, corn, etc.

Many years ago, when Pastor Aunty still lived in SM, she had us sit around in a circle and say what we were most thankful for that year. Although she only made us do that once, I always think about that time. Even though we didn't have the usual huge family gathering, I am still thinking about all of my family members. I am thankful for the love and support I have from all of my loved ones.

This Thanksgiving was also the first time I got to (kind of) spend it with BF. :)

No comments: