Saturday, October 07, 2006

That was kinda fun

Second day of clinic was alright...except that it was fricken freezing! It was seriously like 60 degrees in the room.

Poor Riddler was freezing the moment he sat down so I lent him my scarf. During the session, my supervisor came in to observe him (as planned). I guess he was really uncomfortable with her b/c she'd stare at him and then at me and sometimes there'd be silence between the three of us. When I put 3 books on the table, my supervisor was staring at him again so he looked her dead in the eye and said, "I think we should read these books now."

I was LMAO! Actually, supervisor laughed too (and then quickly admin'd an informal oral-mech exam). After she left and we finished the session, I told him it was time to go. He got up and said, "that was kinda fun." I have no clue what was fun about yesterday.

After clinic, I stopped by BGF's house for dinner. Actually, on my way there, I called and spoke with her hubby since she was in the shower. I told him I'd be there in 20 mins but I just had to stop by Costco to get gas; did they need anything? Hubby said, no, actually, BGF got really mad at me today b/c I spent a LOT at Costco today. But I was so hungry! Don't ever shop when you're starving!

When I got there, both of their dogs came to greet me (they just got another Westie not too long ago). I am really happy for them and their doggies b/c both doggies were rescued from the Humane Society, and both are well loved and very happy now (first one used to be abused; second one is soOOOOooo emaciated and has a little skin problem but is getting better). Her hubby prepared a very fancy meal for us, and it was delicious! They are soOOOoooOo silly and funny. Since BGF got mad at hubby for spending an insane amount of money at Costco, his punishment was to cook us dinner (with the fresh Costco foods). Secretly, though, she made him cook b/c she didn't want me to eat her cooking! What a crazy woman. She's been "learning" to cook for like 3 years now. I know she can cook by now but she's just too embarrassed b/c she thinks I can cook. Of course my BF would probably laugh if he heard/read that.

We kicked back for a little bit but I prolly overstayed my welcome b/c both GF and I were exhausted (she has VERY long days). I woulda stayed longer but around 9:30, I realized that I still had a long 50 mile drive back to Gramma's. That wasn't the worst part. The worst was that when I got home, I'd have to write my two session evaluations before I went to sleep. Before the session evaluations, I had to watch my painful videos.

When I got home and moved all my crap into the house, I was quite excited to catch a glimpse of what BGF and hubby gave me for my b-day. A Starbucks gift basket. Seriously, I cannot believe how giddy I get over receiving Starbucks anything. It's ridiculous. Thanks BGF and hubby!

When I finally settled down to begin working, I got an e-mail from Riddler's sister asking procedural stuff. At the end, she wrote:
Thanks for all your help!....by the way, my brother thinks you're very nice.

:) I am very nice. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so cool. And yes, you are very, very, very nice. Happy day for you!!! :)