Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Recovery Day

Two weeks ago, BSILF & I e-mailed back and forth about a variety of school-related stuff as well as random topics. One of the subjects was about using the word "love" and "hate." I haven't said I hated someone since I was a kid. Seriously, I really haven't. I even rarely say I hate something (except for traffic). On the other hand, I don't say I love someone, unless I really mean it. I love lots of things though. I love candy, I love my turtle, I love starbucks.

Today, I looked for BSILF, thinking we'd go get her pumpkin smoothie and my crazy fruit one, but she was nowhere in sight. After observing my homie AL's AAC session, I stayed in one of the clinic rooms to work on clinic stuff. I heard someone say, "Has anybody seen Cheryl?"

I opened my door, and there was BSILF holding a cup of Starbucks. Not just any cup. I saw a "3" in the "shot" box. A triple venti soy with extra whip white chocolate mocha. For me!!

Along with my all-time favorite drink was a card with a beautiful red rose on the cover (the one pictured to the left). :) Right when I saw it, I knew she must've taken the picture!* BSILF knew I had quite a rough day yesterday, so she thought a little day-time pick-me-up would get me back on track. I was so touched that I hugged her and said, "I love you!" She probably decided at that moment that I am crazy (or perhaps she already knew that). I mean, it's one thing to write "love" or draw a heart and sign your name. It's different when a friend tells you s/he loves you.**

*The rose is from Rose Hills Memorial Park, where there are over 600 varieties of roses! I have never been there, but how amazing that must be!!

**I would have put up a Mortified entry on the first time I told a friend I loved him, but my journal is in my trunk. Hopefully, nobody steals Elsa any time soon...

As BSILF stepped out to take care of business, I sat there sipping my favorite coffee drink and reading a very encouraging message (that ended with a heart and her signature). I had a private corny thought, "I feel like a GF in her honeymoon phase that just received a bouquet of roses from her 'new' BF."

In a sense, I did! Coffee is just as yummy as chocolate and BSILF just sent me a bouquet of roses. :)
This beetle on a rose is stunning. BSILF has a way of capturing nature at that perfect moment where there's an "imperfection" in the otherwise perfect picture, but that's what makes it so perfectly beautiful.

Yellow roses remind me of my gramma's garden. When I lived at Ama's (over the summers), I loved to cut roses and put them in the tiny Mikasa vases that she also bought me (because I really wanted them)! Although yellow roses aren't my favorite, I used to cut them all the time because Ama's yellow roses bloomed the prettiest. Ama also has the rose with the beetle on it, but they grow on her rose trees and like they're on steroids. They're giganto!

White roses are Lola's favorite. This white rose is stunning because it's so perfectly pure.

Yesterday, I almost cried at school b/c I felt crummy. Today, I almost cried at school b/c I was so touched. Thank you BSILF, again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for being my friend and for the very nice post. I did not think you were crazy (sometimes I do, but only in good ways!) in fact I was honored that you would say, "I love you." I hope you heard me return the heartfelt expression with sincerity and happiness!

I am so glad we met, so glad we are friends and so glad I get to spend time with you. I was just thinking of a whole honeymoon comparison the other day, because I was "BSILF this," "BSILF that," "BSILF said..." all weekend! :)

I treasure you and I love you too friend!

Anonymous said...

Now I better think of something silly to say to lighten the mood back to our usual antics!

Oh! If I am going to be honest, I don't actually get credit for the beetle on the rose picture, that one goes to Mark for his creativity. But I so could take one!! :)

Chanel said...

Yay! It's nice to hear when you don't think I'm crazy (in a crazy, looney way). Otherwise, I'd be like that GF who worries 24/7 about what her new BF is thinking about her, when the BF is thinking about having pizza for dinner. LOL (Which I am having right now and thinking of you. Ha!)

Nice Mark! You coulda fooled me with the creativity thing. The tricks you pull outta your stylish hat are just awesome (i.e., Grama Dub's AAC!).