Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Brief Bits

I can't blog much b/c I haven't done any schoolwork yet, but I thought I might write a little bit just to get me going.

So I got mad at my turtle for the first time. I've never gotten mad at her before, but last night and today, she's been eating her dock!! I get mad at her and then sad for getting mad at her. I still love her a lot. Even when I was at my dad's and getting all stressed, I looked at her photo album on my laptop. That's how obsessed I am. It's the next best thing to looking up from my laptop to see her swimming around.

That's why I was so excited when Dr. Cousin called me tonight to ask about turtles. Ever since she met Lil F, she's been thinking about getting one. I am all for it!

I also began my part-time job again. It's just a temp thing for the next 3 weeks. I like working there for several reasons:
  1. Brewed Starbucks coffee
  2. They're so flexible with my hours
  3. I think they pay me well for the type of work I do
  4. Everyone's got great work ethic
  5. People are soOOOOoOoOo nice
  6. The best Halloween candy (Milky Way, Twix, and Snickers)
  7. Brewed Starbucks coffee!!!
Regarding #4, I have never worked with such an intensely hard-working crowd. I mean, literally everyone works hard. At the same time, I can't imagine doing what I do for 8 hours. 5 hours max (although I did 6 today). Either way, when I go in and do my thang, I think about my BF's work ethic. When we worked in the same office, he was this way -- never took breaks and always gave his 100%.

Me? I can be a big-time slacker. I thank my lucky stars that I type relatively fast and that I'm quite proficient at formatting docs. But I'm proud to say that when I'm working for VR, I don't slack off. Heck, I don't even take breaks. Now that's saying a lot.

Anywho, here is someone who has worked really hard to make it. :) And no, I'm not referring to Vanessa Williams...although she has certainly made it. I'm talking about my Grandma's Cousin's Daughter, Aunty Jeany!!! :) Check her out ~ "Vanessa Williams speaks with Jean Lee about her role in the hit TV show "Ugly Betty", her new film "My Brother" and her involvement in the African-American Women in Cinema Film Festival."

P.S. Aunty Jeanie's actually gotten quite a lot of air-time in the past, but I always miss her b/c she's EST and so far away... :*(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the sweetest for mentioning me in your blog! Your brother told me about it....Now I know that you have one I'm going to bookmark it and visit more often! Hope you are well...say hi to Grandma and everyone else :) Love ya, Jeany

Chanel said...

OOoOOOO! I love surprise blog-readers! Especially when it's family! :)
Thank you Aunty Jeany for stopping by! Hope you and yours are well!