Monday, October 02, 2006

Best Birthday Ever

I've had such an awesome birthday and I don't want it to end!

I'm still trying to re-cap all the events that kicked off my birthday week (I've been cheating on my past blog posts) but I wanted to capture this one in "real" time.

My "real" birthday consisted of BF waking me up at 12:01 A.M. to be the first to wish me a happy birthday. Then Mom gave me a wake-up call (which was good b/c I was supposed to stay up last night to work on my first Lesson Plans but I was sooOOO doggone exhausted that I fell asleep around 10:30 P.M.). Most of my day was spent on schoolwork and related stuff...and then another nap. Unfortunately, I missed my birthday call from Dad b/c I was napping!

Around 6, Bro and FBIL picked BF & I up to have happy hour and dinner at Chaya Venice. That was fabulous! We had sushi and cocktails for happy hour and then we walked a few steps over to our 7 PM rsvp seats. For dinner, I had the paella with mixed seafood and Maine lobster b/c, as these guys know, whenever there is a chance for me to get a seafood medley, I will get it! BF had the lobster ravioli, Bro had the sea bass, and FBIL had the pork chop; all were delicious! Well, sans the pork chop...that was okay. ;) It was just funny to me b/c FBIL was deciding b/t the steak and the pork chop and opted for the latter. I thought to myself that that was an interesting choice b/c I can't ever remember anyone ordering pork chop at a nice restaurant. Turns out he was just trying to be "adventurous" and it totally backfired. Heehee. :) My paella was heavenly.

For dessert, I had the Banana Banana Banana. I'm not like crazy for banana desserts, but the chocolate covered banana and banana tart (representing the first and third "Banana") really sold it for me. I don't think I've ever had a chocolate-covered banana, and I love fruit tarts so those two items topped with ice-cream? What more could I ask for!

At the end of dinner, Bro & FBIL gave me a gift card. It made me smile b/c on the envelope, it said, "Love, Guh & FBIL" (=O I have identified 2 secret blog-readers! Or, I mean, they revealed themselves). All the talk about spas in Vegas and my future facial regime for when I'm a money-making machine again (pennies or dollars, I'll be making some money) got them thinking that I'd appreciate a package now. :) And I sure do! I got 4 visits to Peponi! I will definitely be blogging about each visit. :)

After Bro and FBIL dropped us off, BF & I headed out to Hollywood Videos real quick (where I got "Akeelah & the Bee" as part of the 3/$25 deal) and then we went to Albertson's where BF went crazy buying me ice-cream b/c it's my birthday! As if I wasn't full enough and still dreaming about Banana Banana Banana, I chose Breyer's Oreos, Breyer's Twix, and plain and neapolitan ice-cream sandwiches, while BF found sugar cones for me. He looked for waffle cones but didn't see any (waffle cones are my fave). When I told him that I love sugar cones, he was surprised. I told him that he shouldn't be surprised; sugar cones are the same things as waffle cones, only the waffle cones are bigger. At least that's what I thought.

Then I paused and said, "I guess I love waffle cones b/c they hold twice as much ice-cream." :D

So I love ice-cream. Everyone knows that. :)

Each birthday gets better and better. I was feeling a bit blue about turning another year but just feeling all the love makes me want to have a birthday everyday. :) I received quite a few birthday shout-outs via e-mail, voicemails, MySpace Messages, e-cards, and blog posts! Thanks to my family and friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ice cream is my favorite! Seriously we go to 21 Choices (okay, not quite ice cream - but sorta) practically every single weekend! I am completely addicted!

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

They wrote happy birthday in chocolate sauce? That is so cool!!

I'm Feeling Lucky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I'm Feeling Lucky said...

heyyy
many many happy return of the day...
belated B'day