Thursday, July 13, 2006

Free Dessert!

(I think I start every post with "today," but in any case) Today was BF's day off so we've been chillaxing for most of the day, despite the insane amount of schoolwork I have. Call it denial or procrastination.

From Monday until last night, BF literally worked day and night to complete a kick-@$$ website for a client/homie's homie. I suppose his insomnia helped him pull his two all-nighters, just a teeny bit. Check the site out. OoOoOOo! She even mentioned BF's name! He's famous by association! (I keep telling him that, but he doesn't believe me.) The first time she came over to discuss the site, I thought she was really down to earth and modest, considering she was recently proclaimed as one of "LA's Top Female DJs," next to DJ Irene (BF's personal favorite). I finally got to hear her spin that night at Avalon, too.

For lunch, we went to Cheesecake Factory in Marina del Rey, and we had the most delightful dining experience (partly thanks to Mystery Guest). Our server was like the server from Heaven (later, we overhead him saying he's the District Trainer). He even gave us the choice between the two best seats in the restaurant -- both overlooked the beautiful marina on this lovely day. The best part was when I busted out a gift certificate for a free dessert (compliments of bro and MasterCard), he leaned in real close and said, "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but read the back of the card." Turns out we could get a free dessert with EVERY entree we ordered. Two free slices of gourmet cheesecakes? Heavenly! Funny b/c BF was initially mortified at the thought of me using a "coupon" at this restaurant. I said, "I don't care what you think; I'm getting my cheesecake and if you're that embarrassed, then I'll just have the cheesecake all by myself." What can I say, I have a major sweet-tooth. He seemed to let on a little excitement when we found out we could get 2. Ha!

We ended up ordering his favorite, Adam's Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake, and the new, "not even on the menu yet" cheesecake, Mixed Berry Custard Cheesecake. Now comes the embarrassing part. I gave him my MasterCard, but it got denied. Why? Not b/c of my unemployed, full-time student's bank account (who was denied financial aid the past 2 quarters and now the next entire academic year! What gives, man!), but b/c it expired in February! Stupid me had a flashback of how I continually threw around under my desk the new card with the authorization code sticker. Oh, so that's why they sent me a new card back in January. Thankfully, BF had a MasterCard. As I often joke, "having a BF is so useful." ;)

I just got my new card authorized so I'm good to go! When I told the CR lady my last name, she commented, "I like that." Such a random comment. I believe this is the second time a CR has said that to me. What's so lovely sounding about my last name?

No comments: