Sunday, June 11, 2006

Officially on Summer Break

So far, my break is starting off nicely. On Friday night, we went to the Bonaventure for a little R&R. All the cats came out to play! Even some homies that I haven't seen for over 2 years b/c I've been balled and chained...to the books. (A long-time friend said, "Cheers to that!" as I bumped my water bottle to to her cocktail). As the GF of the birthday boy, I was DD...so I had 1.5 Jack & Cokes. And a buffalo wing "from the upstairs steakhouse," compliments of my bro & bro-in-law. :)

"Just to show face," we hit Avalon around midnight for RED's 6th anniversary, and even though 3:30 A.M. has been my typical bed-time, I was beyond sober and tired by 2:30. You know I'm over the scene b/c I quickly kicked off the Frederick's of Hollywood stilettos to rock the Adidas. Kind of like a flashback of New Year's Eve, when I was dressed to the nines from the ankles up. At least this time, it really was dark enough for people to not see...plus people were too FUBAR to know the difference, like that I'm 3.5 inches shorter than I let on to be.

We had an awesome time. I saw more peeps that I really haven't seen for over 3 years or more. They look the same, though -- not any more sober nor any less shady. Haha! To pass time, I got down w/ Baby J (or rather, she freaked me w/o me knowing), and Kuya M and I talked trash about the weird people there (b/c I'm so great at it).

It's been so long that I've forgotten how that scene is. Some dudes seriously looked older than my dad. Very creepy. Lots of fake tans and other fake body parts (well, we were a few yards away from the corner of Hollywood and Vine.) Lots of random loners staring and wanting to chat the second you make eye contact; therefore, I did not look anybody in the eye. Plus, there's the 20 second rule. If somebody talks to another person for more than 20 seconds, they must be acquainted. Any less? Just a random stranger/loner wanting to bum a smoke, ask for Stuff, chat b/c he's FUBAR, etc.

We got home a little before 4, just in time for me to get a little shut-eye before my most traumatizing dental appointment. Sitting under the drill made me regress about 15 years, when Dentist Aunty fixed my jacked up teeth all the time. OMG, if I have kids, they are soOoOOOOooOO getting their teeth capped. Dentist Aunty confirmed again that I have zero wisdom teeth. In fact, I am also missing two molars. Is that why I eat so gosh darn slow?

We also had lunch w/ a family friend and his family in MP, where I boosted up my cholesterol level another 5 points. We had dinner at Dentist Aunty and Doctor Uncle's house, whence I convinced middle cousin to become a neurosurgeon or neurologist so we could work together. In the waaaaay long run.

She said she'd do it. I think she was just humoring me, though. In the short run, her and I are going to work on our tans next Sunday morning at future teacher-cousin's graduation. I wonder if it'd be too dressed down to wear a tank top and shorts. M/b I'll don my 3.5 inch stilettos to dress it up.

No comments: