Thursday, July 20, 2006

Red Bull gives you what?

I am, once again, a legendary student clinician! Not b/c I'm a G at this clinic business but b/c both of my clients didn't show up for clinic this week when I had a midterm. Again, it must've been b/c I went to church on Sunday. Ha!

Actually, I'm kinda bummed that this quarter is flying by b/c clinic has been the least stressful in comparison to the other quarters. I have to admit that I semi-prayed that my kiddo wouldn't come today since we had a midterm that I wasn't done cramming for.

I went to bro's office last night to fax a work document to him (he's in Kentucky) and to cram for CAPD. The lamest thing is that at 11:50 P.M., I finally began studying and cracked open a Red Bull, desperate to stay awake. At precisely 12:28 A.M., I called it quits and proceeded home. In my daze, I crossed the Centinela/Washington intersection and about 5 lights flashed. OH NO WAY! I'm getting another ticket?!?!?!?!?! I swear it was yellow thru the whole intersection!

The ironic thing is that I just e-mailed my awesome cherry-saving/Cherry-Saver classmate (who saved my cherries twice last night...re: TA and CAPD notes. Thx, K!) about my first and only car accident way back in the day. The irony is that when the thought of getting a ticket crossed my mind, I had a flashback of my accident when homeboy said only one thing to me: in America, we stop at yellow lights.

Well in L.A., we speed through them (and run reds).

Oh, but the point of this post was that Red Bull is such a waste of calories for me. (Thank goodness my bro had a sugar-free one.) You'd think that downing a can at midnight would at least keep me up for 2 hours, but heck, it didn't do anything for me. I was ready to fall asleep when I finished the can; hence, driving thru a yellow was like life in slow-motion (I coulda sworn the light turned red after I finished crossing, though! I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.).

I was trying to explain to my classmates on Monday my weirdness about Red Bull. For some reason, I feel guilty when I drink it. I think I look at it like it's a drug or something (although I am not a RB junkie. It does nothing for me. I'd maul a mofo for Starbucks, though). Or I associate it with the night-life. Yeah, give me a Red Bull vodka. Or it was the rage when RED was still at Hacienda.

I only gave the cocktail example, so my classmates looked at me like I was crazy, and one simply said, "it's just an energy drink."

I guess. But in my case, it's just a waste of calories.

BTW, I tried a tangerine frappuccino from Starbucks yesterday -- only b/c I had a coupon for a free sample, thx to my bro -- and it was pretty good. However, on any day of the week and twice on Mondays, I'd rather get an espresso drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a total caffeine junkie! When we went to SB to use our free tangerine sample coupon they were all out! Anyway, the whole Red Bull thing - curious!

And thanks for the props! :)