Thursday, July 20, 2006

2 Ns

BF & I just got back from visiting friends. We caught them during their last half hour at the hospital, before we all headed to their home. They just welcomed a newborn son into the family on Monday. Yay! Congrats to Mommy and Daddy of 2 Ns! (Both of their sons' names begin with "N.") We hung out with them a little bit at their home so I played with Big Brother N (2:6), who was absolutely adorable.

Point of digression: being in this field has really had an effect on me. It's already bad enough that I have a hard time enjoying my favorite singers when they are clearly abusing their voice. Now, I can't turn the SLP diagnosing off.

I had fun with BBN, who was all chats and giggles. I couldn't help but make observations: "Whoa! The kid's making 4-word utterances!" Other observations soon followed: follows simple commands, responds appropriately to most Wh-questions, consistently imitates, artic is WNL, etc. ;)

Anywho, I have to say it was a wonderful experience playing with BBN and meeting three day old Little Brother N. LBN is the youngest baby I have ever been around! Second would be classmate's 1-month old angel. (Both referenced to in this post.) The best was when Daddy of 2Ns showed a camera video footage of when LBN was just born -- but it was all paparazzi-style and even rated G! Apparently, you're not allowed to take pictures in the delivery room, so he held the camera in his palm but he totally censored it for the general audience. That is talent!

-:¦:- -:¦:- -:¦:- -:¦:-

On a completely separate note, I've decided that within the next 10 years, I am sOOoo swimming with sea turtles in Hawaii. BF thinks it's one of my "I'm going to (find and) ride a mustang" proclamations but no, this is like for reals ferrealz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go ride the wild mustangs on the beach in NC (at least I think it is in NC)

Hmmm, sea turtles in Hawaii - well you do have a pretty big celebration reason coming up soon (i.e., graduation!). so I think BF needs to get on the planning of your huge big bash with turtles in Hawaii!

Chanel said...

I don't know if BF condones this turtle obsession so he may not be so peachy keen on bringing this idea to life. ;)