Monday, July 10, 2006

Just like HS

Dude, I felt like I was in HS, today. In the EDSP class tonight, 3 cellphones and a voicemail ringer went off. But that wasn't what made me feel like I was in HS.

The COMD grads - including me - ditched the last half of our class - again. =P Boy, do we represent well!

I don't think I really ditched much in college. Nope, not even that terrible 8 A.M. stats class! HS, I had perfect attendance frosh year. Soph year came around and I ditched soOoOOOO much. What can I say? I always tagged along with my senior brother. If he didn't feel like going to school, then I wasn't going to school either. Awesome.

He was never much of a school person anyways. We took 2 classes together at Chaffey one summer, and he pulled a COMD/EDSP move -- he left during the breaks -- but would instruct me to stay and take notes (or I was too paranoid to leave). And like the great role model that he was, he'd cheat off of me during quizzes and exams.

Nowadays, I wouldn't dream of ditching a grad class. Thankfully, EDSP is an undergrad class...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys and the ditching! It cracks me up! When I was in undergrad the first time (i.e. when I was 18/19) I skipped so many classes, I was more often not there than I was there. The funny thing is it didn't matter for my grades. When I went back I could not skip a single minute of classes and now for grad classes the thought of missing anything makes me stress that I will be way behind forever. So I think I must have gotten dumber! :)

Where did you go in hs when you didn't go to school???

Chanel said...

Dude, Dr. K has put the fear of God in me; I wouldn't dare ditch a grad class! It's like I'm a frosh in HS again. ;)
Actually, I ditched a lot of first period physics. Most of the time, my bro slept in until my gramma caught on that we were ditching class. Then we'd hang out with his buddies and/or get breakfast.
Aw, the good ol days when we were young and carefree... ;)