Monday, July 31, 2006

Sound of Music @ the Hollywood Bowl

I've wanted to hear the L.A. Philharmonic perform for a while now b/c I have deep appreciation for live music especially by symphonies. Tonight, I joined my bro and his friends at the Hollywood Bowl for the "Sound of Music" performance and it was fabulous! We met up earlier for a picnic on the Museum Terrace, but me being the slow-poke eater sans 2.5 molars + 4 wisdom teeth (but have 3 cavities) barely got anything down except for some pasta salad, a slice of cheese, an ice-cream sandwich (made by my bro!), and an empanada (made by wonderful neighbor Rose).

The performance was spectacular and very entertaining. It features several actors and actresses from TV shows such as the daughter from "Desperate Housewives" (*shrug*: I don't watch it) and one of the "Dukes of Hazzard" which I did watch growing up, but I didn't recognize the Duke.

This was also my first time at the Hollywood Bowl; a very great experience! Now, I can't wait to hear the LA Philharmonic perform at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Last summer, one of the summer associates I assisted brought me and my team to the Hall. The specificity and ingenuity of the architecture is breathtaking. I would love to listen to them just perform b/c even though tonight's performance was spectacular, I was more focused on the singing than the symphony music.

Do I sound like a total yuppie??

ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø

Local news: There goes the neighborhood.

So, Home Depot Homie told us about the gang-related shooting from a few weeks ago around Venice and La Brea. Apparently, there's been lots of activity (related or not). This morning in Mar Vista there was a shooting (innocent people according to the local internet news) and a drive-by at a local HS 2 weeks ago. What gives man? The heat must be seriously bringing out the crazies. :(

I wonder where in Mar Vista b/c it happened at 11:30 A.M. I take walks around Mar Vista Hill in the mornings! I guess I'll be going to the gym more often vs. walking around the hood. I think MVH is safe, but MV is a little more sketchy. Then again, people in this neighborhood aren't very friendly. I always smile and say hello to passerbys but they either look at me or ignore me. Either way, I receive no response.


Do I look shady??

I never listen or watch the news b/c there's just too much sad stuff like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh-the concert sounds incredible! I am so mad I didn't know about it. Your bro always takes you to the coolest events!

As far as the neighborhood, here is hoping it is the heat. When we lived in Savannah the murder rate always spiked when it got to be too hot. Sad, ay.

In answer to your question - I don't think you look shady, but then I am probably not a good judge of cool or shady!