Friday, July 28, 2006

Animal Cops: Alta Loma

Today was a slightly adventurous day for me. BTW, it is probably 20 degrees cooler in Alta Loma. How "ominous"/wonderful. I went to get my snaggletooth fixed today by my Dentist Aunty's Colleague. I've never had anybody else work on my teeth except my Aunt so this was an interesting experience. It actually went quite well b/c Dentist Uncle immediately applied novacane and gave me another numbing shot. I haven't had topical anasthesia applied since I was 10 y/o, getting 5 pre-molars and molars pulled out for braces. The weirdest thing is that he was drilling away on my front tooth, but it felt like he was working on my canine. Plus, my nose felt like it was 5 times bigger b/c the stuff spread upwards. I didn't care b/c he fixed the gapping hole in my tooth! Yay!

Afterwards, I brought Gramma Pearl home to Alta Loma and we were in for a surprise. Since it's been "earthquake weather" and Gramma's been away, her lawn really got jacked up. I have never seen so many dry patches on her lawn and there were actually weeds, too! I feel so bad for Gramma b/c she loves her lawn as much as Hank Hill. In the midst of our weed-pulling, there was a dog trotting along the other side of the street.

I always naturally gravitate towards dogs, and this dog actually gravitated towards me. I thought I was on "Animal Cops"; this dog looked like he was in a pretty bad condition. First of all, he looked like he crawled out of a cobwebbed basement; doggy had a long thick string of cobwebs along his back and a little more on his snout. Secondly, his fur was discolored in certain spots like the abused/neglected doggies I've seen on "Animal Cops" (TV is such a great source of knowledge). So I was feeling bad for the dog and wanted to get him some water and possibly food, but I know Gramma would trip out -- not so much about rabies, but moreso that this dog was gonna keep coming back to her home, then!

Well, I think Gramma may have been right on this one. Our garage door was open AND the door in the garage to the laundry room/inside the house (we rarely leave that door open). The dog went into our garage and so I kept calling him to come back out. Nope, he went into the house! That's when I started panicking. I tried to grab him and I got a handful of loose fur and the cobwebs! Gross!! Luckily, he only went into my room and then I coaxed him out before Gramma knew...

(If anybody tells Gramma, I will have to send my peeps after you. Even if you are family.)

So, I was kinda excited, thinking that this might be my first time rescuing a stray pet, but Gramma wasn't having it so I led the dog down the street, all the while debating whether I should go back and grab my phone to call somebody to get the dog. I managed to give the dog some water and then a golf cart full of 3 young girls whizzed by so the dog happily chased after them.

And that was the end of my potential first episode of "Animal Cops: Alta Loma."

No comments: