Saturday, January 21, 2006

Working is a drug

After an entire week off, this past week was especially difficult for me since I went back to work at 7 AM and then jammed over to school in the early afternoons until 8PM. I was getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night. I am ashamed to admit that I finally ordered my first anti-wrinkle cream. Sigh...Thank God for MLK Day making this past week a 3-day school week, 4-day work week.

The frustrating but simultaneously funny thing is that on Tuesday, I drove to my regular parking structure and noticed that they no longer had the Early Bird Parking! Wth, parking is now more than $10?! So I frantically circled around downtown, trying to decide what to do. Sometimes, missing a week of work means big changes. As I circled around Wilshire and 8th, I saw all these Japanese Kanji characters on banners that covered all the stores that I normally pass. Then it hit me -- they're filming "Too Fast, Too Furious 3!" Pu-hahaha! :) I only know that b/c some agency called me up, asking if I wanted to be an extra in it. LMAO! I woulda done it for the heck of it, except that I have school and work. Dude, that would've been hilarious, though.

Anywho, a, I gave CH my 2-weeks notice…but rescinded it, since she said I wouldn’t be allowed to use my Sick Hours. Okay, so it bugged me out b/c when I told people my Master Plan, people nodded in agreement and “m-hm, that’s the way to do it!” but when I came back and said, uh, I’m not allowed to do that, they all said, “of course you can’t use your sick hours after you give your letter of resignation…” OKAY, DUDES! It is one of my pet-peeves when people do that --"I told you so" when they didn't. It's already bad enough having someone 'tell you so' when they did. Worse when they didn't and they say they did.

So what am I going to do about work?? Well, oddly, CH suggested I take a medical LOA, if my health conditions are “that serious.” I said, uh, I’ll talk w/ my physician. Dr. Yee is a wonderful doctor…;) My classmates ask me everyday if I’ve quit work yet. Nope. L,A said, “Man, working is like a drug to you. Just a little more, just a little longer! You swear you’re going to quit but you haven’t!” True, true. It can be addicting. What’s not to like about a regular paycheck, free breakfasts and COFFEE, great working env’t, and awesome resources?

Re: paychecks, my co-worker suggested I start selling drugs. As tempting as that is, I don’t think I’d have the time to do that. What am I, gonna make drop-offs after school? I don’t go clubbing on Fridays and Saturday (nor Thursdays); when would I make the deals? But man, to have boat-loads of cash coming in would be nice. I got my W-2s today and was thrilled that I made more than I thought in ’05, but then I got all bummed thinking about how much I actually have in my checkings account…what happened to it all? So, back to the pills, who would suspect me anyways? ;) People make my monthly salary in one night. I wouldn’t mind doing that.

The nice thing is that even though I completely stressed and lost sleep over my big, small potato’s 2 *times* w/ me this week, he done me proud! He really cracks me up at times. Yesterday, he was trying to make a toy airplane fly so he kept throwing it over my head – a little too close for comfort. Oh man, later he started giggling uncontrollably, and I asked him, ‘what’s so funny?’ Well, I smelled what was so damn funny to him…EW. I duno if Mom is giving him potatoes or dairy products or what. I have to say that after 4 "times," I really have learned a lot, even if this is adding on 5x more stress.

Welp, I better get w/ the studying…even though it’s like 2AM! Argh! Maybe I should close the books for the night and head on out to an after-hours scene and sell. I’d be right on time.

No, no, no!

No comments: