Saturday, January 07, 2006

Dream

Maybe Dr. K really did traumatize me w/ his parental you-can-do-better-than-you're-doing-now lecture. I had a dream last night that I was with a few classmates and classrooms of random people and at one point, awards and scholarships were being handed out and I was shocked that I didn't receive one...esp since so-and-so got a whopping $1247 or something. Outrage!

My subconscious may be boxing my guilty conscience b/c another "after I quit work" resolution that I made last year was that I would do better. Seriously. It's not that I'm doing terrible, but I'm definitely not up to my own standards...let's just say, I plan to be awarded at least another scholarship for academic excellence. We'll leave it at that.

For now, I can only handle things one day at a time. I spoke briefly w/ my client's parent last night (wow! I have a client!), and I wish I had asked what her expectations are for this quarter. Parents usually have expectations, especially since she's not a newbie. The interesting thing is that I feel that my quarter w/ this client will really benefit me when I very informally interact with BF's first cousin once removed (?)/god-daughter. It sounds like that poor girl has more than mild autism and no expressive or receptive language.

Can you imagine not being able to express yourself or to communicate? I hope I really am able to help others communicate better. I hope I learn to communicate better, too...

No comments: